Cool Asian Archery on Ebay

  • atruemark@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 27, 2005
      Greetings. Please allow me to take a moment of your time for this appeal
      and opportunity. I have copied part of an email from another email list,
      written by Thomas Duvernay, that contains information regarding an upcoming series
      of ebay auctions. This is an opportunity to both help a fellow
      archer/bowyer and to acquire some otherwise unobtainable Asian archery artifacts.

      The email:

      "Many of you remember the Korean bowyer, Geuk-hwan Park (who was the
      subject of my video The Way of the Bow: Crafting the Korean Horn
      Bow), and that he was stricken with a brain problem that left him
      half-paralyzed.

      I spent the afternoon with him and his wife, together with my wife
      and son. First, I'd like to say that he seems to be doing much
      better. He moves fairly quickly now and his voice is strong (although
      he doesn't speak very much). He was smiling and laughing a lot.

      I arranged with him to sell his bowmaking estate (including horn bows
      in different stages of completion). I will be putting some of it up
      for sale after I head to the States next week.

      The bowyer and his wife need money, as he has no source of income
      anymore. One item that will stay in Korea until it's sold, but will
      be up for sale, is his yegoong (the huge horn bow he made a few years
      ago). Besides the original from which it was copied, it is the only
      one of its kind in the world. Crafting it was very difficult for the
      bowyer, and in no small way contributed to his attack and paralysis;
      he literally put his life into that bow. It was originally intended
      to go into a museum, but the bowyer decided against it, and then he
      was paralyzed; now, he needs to sell it for living expenses. Although
      it is hard to put a value on a piece that is one-of-a-kind,
      contributed to the loss of a bowyer, of great historical value, etc.,
      I would conservatively estimate its worth in the thousands of
      dollars. When sold, all proceeds will go to the bowyer."

      Here's the URL for the first auction: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?
      ViewItem&ssPageName=ADME:L:LCA:US:31&item=7207385542. Cut and paste this in
      your search engine, or alternatively, log into ebay and enter the item
      number in their search feature: 7207385542.

      Thank you for your time and attention.

      Master Andras Truemark
      AnTir