Re: [SCA-Archery] Re: The Dark Side

  • James Koch
    Message 1 of 18 , Dec 26, 2005
      Cian,

      Roger, I found the photo. This was actually a prototype I built a few
      years ago to test the issues associated with claplock mechanisms. I had
      long been experimenting with different release mechanisms in hopes of
      coming up with a type I could make and sell which would be all metal (no
      moose horn), Self resetting, easy to make, and easy to install. The
      claplock seemed the ideal design. I was going to bring it to Pennsic, but
      didn't get it finished. At that same Pennsic Michael Dabek showed up with
      a half dozen claplock crossbows for sale. I finished mine over the next
      Winter and it shot just fine the first time out. I have since not changed
      it other than replacing a worn string, although I am planning on replacing
      the 112# prod with one closer to 130#.

      Jim Koch (Gladius The Alchemist)