RE: [SCA-Archery] Numb Newbie - may be an odd question

  • Andrew
    Message 1 of 35 , Dec 20, 2005
      I experienced this when I first started and was shooting 500+ arrows a week.
      I spoke to the doctor about it and was informed that I should lay off the
      rapid amounts of shooting and work my way up to it as the numbness was a
      sign of nerve damage and that if I continued to shoot it would get worse.
      Note the numbness was taking nearly 5 days to go away so my case was a
      little more extreme. As others have suggested gloves help prevent this as
      can varying the poundage of the bow you are shooting.

      Orric

      Message 35 of 35 , Dec 30, 2005
        When my shooting glove starts to wear I usually put on a regular type
        band-aid befor I don the glove for a little extra padding which seems to
        help tremendously.

        Brad