Re: [SCA-Archery] xbow article for PA

  • Bruce R. Gordon
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 6, 2005
      Greetings
      What, in particular, is being looked for? Just a general description of the crossbow as an historic weapon, or some specific aspect of the X-bow world? And, very roughly how long (word count)? I'm asking because I could fairly easily come up with an article of a general nature, but if they are considering an article on actual hunting experiences, I couldn't say much. So it would depend on what sort of focus they were willing to consider.

      Nigel

      > I have been in correspondence with Michael Moore the president and Ed
      > Ingold the managing editor of "Primitive Archer" magazine. I
      > approached them about the possibility of having articles on medieval
      > crossbows in the magazine. They are willing to "test the waters" with
      > " an article about the historical aspects of the crossbow "and to see
      > what kind of response Their readers have to it. There is going to be an
      > article on medieval hunting next year and they feel that the crossbow
      > article would go well in the same issue as that. Any article should be
      > submitted well before March 1, 2006.
      >
      > If you are not familiar with the magazine, their web site is:<a href="http://www.primitivearcher.com" target="_blank">
      > www.primitivearcher.com</a>
      >
      > I would like to see the time when medieval crossbows are as accepted as
      > the english longbow and have a chance at "Primitive Archer"s bow of the
      > month section.
      >
      > This would be a good chance to get some positive publicity for the
      > medieval crossbow and help to educate the general archery public about
      > it. They also pay the writer for the articles.
      >
      > Does anyone have an article that could be used or interested in writing
      > one?
      >
      > Jon

      > Get Medieval at Mad Macsen's <a href="http://www.medievalmart.com/" target="_blank">http://www.medievalmart.com/</a>

      > Yahoo! Groups Links