xbow article for PA

  • John edgerton
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 5, 2005
      I have been in correspondence with Michael Moore the president and Ed
      Ingold the managing editor of "Primitive Archer" magazine. I
      approached them about the possibility of having articles on medieval
      crossbows in the magazine. They are willing to "test the waters" with
      " an article about the historical aspects of the crossbow "and to see
      what kind of response Their readers have to it. There is going to be an
      article on medieval hunting next year and they feel that the crossbow
      article would go well in the same issue as that. Any article should be
      submitted well before March 1, 2006.

      If you are not familiar with the magazine, their web site is:
      www.primitivearcher.com

      I would like to see the time when medieval crossbows are as accepted as
      the english longbow and have a chance at "Primitive Archer"s bow of the
      month section.

      This would be a good chance to get some positive publicity for the
      medieval crossbow and help to educate the general archery public about
      it. They also pay the writer for the articles.

      Does anyone have an article that could be used or interested in writing
      one?

    • Bruce R. Gordon
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 6, 2005
        Greetings
        What, in particular, is being looked for? Just a general description of the crossbow as an historic weapon, or some specific aspect of the X-bow world? And, very roughly how long (word count)? I'm asking because I could fairly easily come up with an article of a general nature, but if they are considering an article on actual hunting experiences, I couldn't say much. So it would depend on what sort of focus they were willing to consider.

        Nigel

        > I have been in correspondence with Michael Moore the president and Ed
        > Ingold the managing editor of "Primitive Archer" magazine. I
        > approached them about the possibility of having articles on medieval
        > crossbows in the magazine. They are willing to "test the waters" with
        > " an article about the historical aspects of the crossbow "and to see
        > what kind of response Their readers have to it. There is going to be an
        > article on medieval hunting next year and they feel that the crossbow
        > article would go well in the same issue as that. Any article should be
        > submitted well before March 1, 2006.
        >
        > If you are not familiar with the magazine, their web site is:<a href="http://www.primitivearcher.com" target="_blank">
        > www.primitivearcher.com</a>
        >
        > I would like to see the time when medieval crossbows are as accepted as
        > the english longbow and have a chance at "Primitive Archer"s bow of the
        > month section.
        >
        > This would be a good chance to get some positive publicity for the
        > medieval crossbow and help to educate the general archery public about
        > it. They also pay the writer for the articles.
        >
        > Does anyone have an article that could be used or interested in writing
        > one?
        >
        > Jon

        > Get Medieval at Mad Macsen's <a href="http://www.medievalmart.com/" target="_blank">http://www.medievalmart.com/</a>

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

        "Do these colors match?"
        "Is this too much jewelry?"
        "Is that my drink?"

      • Bruce R. Gordon
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 6, 2005
          Greetings
          What, in particular, is being looked for? Just a general description of the crossbow as an historic weapon, or some specific aspect of the X-bow world? And, very roughly how long (word count)? I'm asking because I could fairly easily come up with an article of a general nature, but if they are considering an article on actual hunting experiences, I couldn't say much. So it would depend on what sort of focus they were willing to consider.

          Nigel

          > I have been in correspondence with Michael Moore the president and Ed
          > Ingold the managing editor of "Primitive Archer" magazine. I
          > approached them about the possibility of having articles on medieval
          > crossbows in the magazine. They are willing to "test the waters" with
          > " an article about the historical aspects of the crossbow "and to see
          > what kind of response Their readers have to it. There is going to be an
          > article on medieval hunting next year and they feel that the crossbow
          > article would go well in the same issue as that. Any article should be
          > submitted well before March 1, 2006.
          >
          > If you are not familiar with the magazine, their web site is:<a href="http://www.primitivearcher.com" target="_blank">
          > www.primitivearcher.com</a>
          >
          > I would like to see the time when medieval crossbows are as accepted as
          > the english longbow and have a chance at "Primitive Archer"s bow of the
          > month section.
          >
          > This would be a good chance to get some positive publicity for the
          > medieval crossbow and help to educate the general archery public about
          > it. They also pay the writer for the articles.
          >
          > Does anyone have an article that could be used or interested in writing
          > one?
          >
          > Jon

          > Get Medieval at Mad Macsen's <a href="http://www.medievalmart.com/" target="_blank">http://www.medievalmart.com/</a>

          > Yahoo! Groups Links