Re: New archery list

  • i_griffen
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 4, 2005
      tried the search and found the group name is english_longbow

      Iain Griffen

      --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, John edgerton <sirjon1@p...>
      wrote:

      > I just did a search for "ENGLISH LONGBOW" on yahoo, but did not
      find
      > your new group.
      >
      > Jon
      > On Sunday, December 4, 2005, at 05:16 AM, Cian of Storvik wrote:
      >
      > > In an effort to shamelessly promote my own interest in the
      English
      > > Longbow, to anyone who is interested in the period of the French-
      > > English wars (actually from Falkirk to Mary Rose), you're
      invited to
      > > join the yahoo group ENGLISH LONGBOW.
      > >
      > > I've started the group off by adding links to information
      sources on
      > > the web; vendors, garb articles, reenactment groups as well as a
      > > database of books. The lists are by no-means complete and I
      welcome
      > > your additions to the group.
      > >
      > > I hope to, this week, have many images of extant items that I
      have on
      > > file uploaded to the photos section.
      > >
      > > Advertisements or requests of period/replica items are allowed
      and in
      > > fact encouraged. As are any articles you've written which
      address the
      > > longbow, period clothing, life and times et.al. So please feel
      free to
      > > join the list, partake of and share with the list.
      > >
      > > Cian of Storvik

    • The Buzzard Moon
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 7, 2005
        If there were a follow-up message to Sir Jon's comment, I missed it. Could someone repeat the information about the English Longbow list? Many thanks,

        Richard of WestWood
        I just did a search for "ENGLISH LONGBOW" on yahoo, but did not find
        your new group.

        Jon
        On Sunday, December 4, 2005, at 05:16 AM, Cian of Storvik wrote:

        > In an effort to shamelessly promote my own interest in the English
        > Longbow, to anyone who is interested in the period of the French-
        > English wars (actually from Falkirk to Mary Rose), you're invited to
        > join the yahoo group ENGLISH LONGBOW.
        >
        > I've started the group off by adding links to information sources on
        > the web; vendors, garb articles, reenactment groups as well as a
        > database of books. The lists are by no-means complete and I welcome
        > your additions to the group.
        >
        > I hope to, this week, have many images of extant items that I have on
        > file uploaded to the photos section.
        >
        > Advertisements or requests of period/replica items are allowed and in
        > fact encouraged. As are any articles you've written which address the
        > longbow, period clothing, life and times et.al. So please feel free to
        > join the list, partake of and share with the list.
        >
        > Cian of Storvik

        Get Medieval at Mad Macsen's http://www.medievalmart.com/<http://www.medievalmart.com/>

        Yahoo! Groups Links

      • John edgerton