New archery list

  • Cian of Storvik
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 4, 2005
      In an effort to shamelessly promote my own interest in the English
      Longbow, to anyone who is interested in the period of the French-
      English wars (actually from Falkirk to Mary Rose), you're invited to
      join the yahoo group ENGLISH LONGBOW.

      I've started the group off by adding links to information sources on
      the web; vendors, garb articles, reenactment groups as well as a
      database of books. The lists are by no-means complete and I welcome
      your additions to the group.

      I hope to, this week, have many images of extant items that I have on
      file uploaded to the photos section.

      Advertisements or requests of period/replica items are allowed and in
      fact encouraged. As are any articles you've written which address the
      longbow, period clothing, life and times et.al. So please feel free to
      join the list, partake of and share with the list.

      Cian of Storvik
    • John edgerton
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 4, 2005
        I just did a search for "ENGLISH LONGBOW" on yahoo, but did not find
        your new group.

        Jon
        On Sunday, December 4, 2005, at 05:16 AM, Cian of Storvik wrote:

        > In an effort to shamelessly promote my own interest in the English
        > Longbow, to anyone who is interested in the period of the French-
        > English wars (actually from Falkirk to Mary Rose), you're invited to
        > join the yahoo group ENGLISH LONGBOW.
        >
        > I've started the group off by adding links to information sources on
        > the web; vendors, garb articles, reenactment groups as well as a
        > database of books. The lists are by no-means complete and I welcome
        > your additions to the group.
        >
        > I hope to, this week, have many images of extant items that I have on
        > file uploaded to the photos section.
        >
        > Advertisements or requests of period/replica items are allowed and in
        > fact encouraged. As are any articles you've written which address the
        > longbow, period clothing, life and times et.al. So please feel free to
        > join the list, partake of and share with the list.
        >
        > Cian of Storvik
      • i_griffen
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 4, 2005
          tried the search and found the group name is english_longbow

          Iain Griffen

          --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, John edgerton <sirjon1@p...>
          wrote:

          > I just did a search for "ENGLISH LONGBOW" on yahoo, but did not
          find
          > your new group.
          >
          > Jon
          > On Sunday, December 4, 2005, at 05:16 AM, Cian of Storvik wrote:
          >
          > > In an effort to shamelessly promote my own interest in the
          English
          > > Longbow, to anyone who is interested in the period of the French-
          > > English wars (actually from Falkirk to Mary Rose), you're
          invited to
          > > join the yahoo group ENGLISH LONGBOW.
          > >
          > > I've started the group off by adding links to information
          sources on
          > > the web; vendors, garb articles, reenactment groups as well as a
          > > database of books. The lists are by no-means complete and I
          welcome
          > > your additions to the group.
          > >
          > > I hope to, this week, have many images of extant items that I
          have on
          > > file uploaded to the photos section.
          > >
          > > Advertisements or requests of period/replica items are allowed
          and in
          > > fact encouraged. As are any articles you've written which
          address the
          > > longbow, period clothing, life and times et.al. So please feel
          free to
          > > join the list, partake of and share with the list.
          > >
          > > Cian of Storvik

        • The Buzzard Moon
          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 7, 2005
            If there were a follow-up message to Sir Jon's comment, I missed it. Could someone repeat the information about the English Longbow list? Many thanks,

            Richard of WestWood
            I just did a search for "ENGLISH LONGBOW" on yahoo, but did not find
            your new group.

            Jon
            On Sunday, December 4, 2005, at 05:16 AM, Cian of Storvik wrote:

            > In an effort to shamelessly promote my own interest in the English
            > Longbow, to anyone who is interested in the period of the French-
            > English wars (actually from Falkirk to Mary Rose), you're invited to
            > join the yahoo group ENGLISH LONGBOW.
            >
            > I've started the group off by adding links to information sources on
            > the web; vendors, garb articles, reenactment groups as well as a
            > database of books. The lists are by no-means complete and I welcome
            > your additions to the group.
            >
            > I hope to, this week, have many images of extant items that I have on
            > file uploaded to the photos section.
            >
            > Advertisements or requests of period/replica items are allowed and in
            > fact encouraged. As are any articles you've written which address the
            > longbow, period clothing, life and times et.al. So please feel free to
            > join the list, partake of and share with the list.
            >
            > Cian of Storvik

            Get Medieval at Mad Macsen's http://www.medievalmart.com/<http://www.medievalmart.com/>

            Yahoo! Groups Links

          • John edgerton