Re: [SCA-Archery] Pants aren't period - Upper class

  • JohnBorOx@AOL.COM
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 10, 2005
      In a message dated 11/10/2005 1:15:19 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
      SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com writes:

      In SCA high period (1100-1400 / medieval / age of chivalry) pants were more

      of a peasant garb and SCA is more of a upper class game.

      The only upper class about it is the fact we are all considered to be of
      gentle birth. The vast majority of folks I have known in the SCA for the past
      20+ years have been middle class or below. Even down to a beggar personae.We
      seem to be able to have the freedom to have the most fun. *grin* Fewer
      troubles with the authenticity police.

      In Service to the Dream,

      John Bor Ox
      Archery Captain/Marshal
      Province of Malagentia, Kingdom of the East