Re: Period name

  • Cian of Storvik
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 9, 2005
      Go viking or anglo-saxon, and you can wear some checkered pajama
      bottoms.
      Email me directly if you want details on chausses, hosen and braes.
      You do NOT want to wear spandex/lycra/elastic tights like Flynn in
      robin hood! Those are definately not period, and if you do want to
      wear hose/chausses, most periods in Europe have some long body cover
      that extended over the nether regions so you're safe.

      If you wear a large enough tunic/surcoat/tabbard/cote, you can wear
      some jeans or a pair of mundane shorts.

      As far as names, there are a ton of name lists on the web which not
      only list period/ancient names by region/language, but also give their
      meaning in translation.
      -Cian