RE: [SCA-Archery] Digest Number 2102

  • Frederick Fenters
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 4, 2005
      All I can say is that I have seen it happen. 150# prod, modified Barnett,
      Excalibur trigger. Maybe I wavered, but I don't think so.

      Padraig

      Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2005 22:02:28 -0500
      From: "Rj Bachner" <ragiwarmbear@...>
      Subject: RE: RE: Can you shoot well enough?

      Now how can a 10 grain diff make such a difference? That's a full 12 inches
      or more between gold and outside. Maybe a longer ranges but at 40 yards?

      Ragi

      Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2005 10:13:26 -0500
      From: "Rj Bachner" <ragiwarmbear@...>
      Subject: Can you shoot well enough?

      Heya

      I am presently working on a set of my best match grade arrows for a customer
      who insists on a +/- 2.5 grain spread in weight. fun really, lost sof
      tapering and sanding to get them all just so.

      My question has always been can a traditional shooter, in or out of sca
      shoots, shoot well enough and consistently enough to see the difference
      between a 5 grain spread or a ten grain spread? What is the point to being
      this exacting if you cant see the diff? It makes the arrows a lot more
      expensive to be sure and seems a waste of effort.

      sure if you are shooting with a modern setup, balance beams and sights,
      maybe on a 90 m target you will see a difference if you are good enough but
      really....

      can you honestly see the difference? I cant.

      Ragi

      ragi@...

      www.shoppe.brokenaxe.ca

      Yahoo! Groups Links