Re: [SCA-Archery] Storvik's Baronial Birthday results

  • Siegfried
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 31, 2005
      On 10/17/05, Cian of Storvik <firespiter@...> wrote:

      > I don't want to to sound like a cop-out but this was my first event
      > I've been as MIC. So I hope people weren't too bored with the targets.

      It was an excellent shoot.

      And I wanted to say to everyone here, that I loved the was Cian had set this
      shoot up, and I plan to steal the idea in the future.

      Essentially he had setup a number of stations, all shootable (ok, almost) at
      the same time. Then instead of 'running everyone through'. It was open
      shooting. Grab a marshal, pick a station, shoot.

      You could shoot each station as many times as you wish, and your best score
      counted.

      It was great fun, because people could come in late and still shoot,
      'casual' shooters could run through the course once, and dedicated sots like
      myself could shoot each one 5 or 6 times. (My fingers were quite raw, and I
      believe actually bruised by the end of the day)

      It was a great concept.

      Lord Siegfried Sabastian Faust, who uncustomarily won the
      > event using his recurve bow.

      Just pointing out that it was a Longbow ;) And I was as surprised as the
      rest of 'em that I won.

      Siegfried