Re: [SCA-Archery] Motivating traditional archery

  • loreleiElkins@aol.com
    Message 1 of 53 , Oct 28, 2005
      In a message dated 10/27/2005 1:23:03 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
      archergodwin@... writes:

      > I would have no problem in giving someone kudo points for period
      > equipment, and then more kudo points for building that equipment
      > themselves. In any given A&S competition, the more authentic a piece is,
      > in terms of construction or use or materials, the higher the point
      > allowances are.

      I think you make a very good point Lord Godwin. We do give points and kudo
      to those who try their best with traditional materials, products, arts. We
      should make an effort to do the same for archery. I think the doing by example
      is a wonderful idea as is giving incentives for the efforts made.

      As for all this "little lady" stuff I've been reading, gag me with an arrow
      (not really please.) This "little lady" just made a nice bow rack for herself
      and her man out of a beautiful fir branch with natural dowels for pegs to hold
      the bows in place.

      Cheers!

      Lorelei of Crois Brigte, Atlantia
      who also shoots with a long bow