Re: [SCA-Archery] IFAA vs. FITA

  • James W. Pratt, Jr.
    Message 1 of 20 , Oct 3, 2005
      I have a plastic copy of the 60 cm period target(with extra lines to be used
      as a Fita face, in B&W. It was ment to be used to print period faces. I
      have never taken it to a printer to see what could be done.

      James Cunningham
      Message 2 of 20 , Oct 3, 2005
        You would not need to convet the scores! Just set the rank/score and
        everyone would have to shoot them. It would make some old heads dust the
        bows off and give it a go. Some would not be able to get to the rank they
        use to hold but ...if they wanted to practice hard enough.....but that is
        what the ranking system was suposted to do in the first place.... get us out
        to shoot?

        James Cunningham
      • James W. Pratt, Jr.
        Message 3 of 20 , Oct 3, 2005
          > Indeed, rankings systems are a two edged sword. They are a burden to
          > the officers, a pain to administer, and an artificial marker at
          > best. However, I have seen great interest in rankings in beginning
          > to high intermediate archers (their importance wanes with experience
          > and skill) and this seems to make them a useful tool. It also gives
          > a tangible point at which acknowledgement can be given an
          > archer. And this reinforcement for accomplishment is something the
          > SCA as a whole is very poor at.

          I agree with Carolus on this and have seen this happen localy and kingdom
          wide. The high ranking archers only shoot a complete RR to confirm they are
          still "in practice" or to find out if they need more.

          James Cunningham