Re: Stump Target

  • jameswolfden
    Message 1 of 11 , Sep 29, 2005
      We have used pool noodles for wand shoots with varying results. Some of the bows blow
      through it but have never seen a bounce off. I did some advancing fighter heads from pool
      noodles wrapped/sculpted in the blue camping foam and that seemed to stand up fairly
      well to most of the bows. There were no blow throughs except for those shots that
      skimmed the sides.

      So what I might try is to cut up pool noodle into three or four 18" sections. Wrap each
      noodle with two or more layers of the blue foam. Duct tape it all together possibly adding
      other foam for sculpting purposes. There will probably be a hollow in the middle for the
      dowelling. I'm thinking I could drive the dowelling into the ground and then just drop the
      foam stump onto the dowelling. Might need pinning down in the back.

      James