Re: [SCA-Archery] Re: Point glues

  • Carl West
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 26, 2005
      I've been using reg'lar ol' hot gun glue with good success.
      I use a candle for heat.
      Melt and wrap a bit of glue around the taper on the shaft.
      Heat the head (holding with a pliers).
      Reheat the glue on the shaft until it just starts to bubble.
      Stuff it in the head, turn it a few times.
      Cool it straight with water, air, ice, your choice.

      The important part:
      Be sure the heads are a hair narrower than your shafts. If they're
      bigger, you're effectively shooting barbed heads. No wonder they want to
      stay in the target.

      -- Fritz

      There is nothing in the world that some man cannot make a little worse
      and sell a little cheaper, and he who considers price only is that man's
      lawful prey. -- John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)