ARCHERY EVENT - Barony of Storvik, Atlantia

  • Cian of Storvik
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 13, 2005
      Barony of Storvik Baronial Birthday & Baronial
      Championships

      The Barony of Storvik (mundanely Washington DC and
      nearby towns and cities)
      hereby invites you, the archers of the knowne realm,
      to Storvik's Baronial
      Birthday featuring our annual Baronial Archery
      Championship.

      A full day of target shooting which is open to archers
      of all skill levels, whether crossbowman, recurve or longbow.

      For locals, this is your opportunity as archers for
      being chosen as Storvik's Baronial
      Archery Champion for the next year. For ALL archers in
      attendance there is the
      opportunity to pillage some swag to clutter the hulls
      of your viking drakkars.

      Awards include:
      - A token of honor for the Baronial Archery Champion
      that they will bear and protect for the next year.
      - Target awards (bling!) for the archers scoring the
      best scores on individual targets.
      - 2nd and 3rd prizes for the runners-up and
      - A grand prize for the overall tournament champion
      (open to all archers).

      The grand prize is an archer's medieval Chapel-de-fer
      (fr."Hat of Iron")
      manufactured by MEDIEVAL ARMOUR in Leicestershire
      England ($140 value). 2nd
      and 3rd prizes are no slouch either. But if you want
      to know what they are you have to
      either come to the event or hear about it later.

      When: October 14th-16th 2005 (Archery will only be on
      Saturday 15th)
      Where: Patuxent River Park, Upper Marlboro Maryland

      FYI: It's suggested that archers bring half a sheaf (1
      dozen) arrows, though the
      most skilled archers may get by with fewer.

      For the offical event information; other activities,
      fees, reservations etc. see:
      http://storvik.atlantia.sca.org/events/bday05.html

      Reservations: Kim of Wolfshaven
      Autocrat: James Griffin
      Archery Marshal: Cian of Storvik

      (For some reason YAHOO keeps stripping my email addresses. So check
      the web site mentioned above for contact. Email me directly if you
      have any questions specific to the archery).
      -Cian of Storvik