Re: [SCA-Archery] List Question

  • Carolus von Eulenhorst
    Message 1 of 16 , Sep 12, 2005
      This is SCA
      For any interested in the Caidan list a message to
      caid-targetarchery-subscribe@... with no subject or message
      will get you subscribed.

      I hope to see many of you both Caidan and our friends in other
      kingdoms join us here. It is a rather low traffic list.

      Carolus

      At 09:37 AM 9/12/2005, you wrote:

      >This may seem like a silly question but:
      >
      >Is this the CAIDIAN archery list or the SCA archery list?
      >

      >In Service
      >Ihon MacLucas
      > aka Steve Casort

      >Yahoo! Groups Links
      >

      >--
    • Guy Taylor
      Message 2 of 16 , Sep 12, 2005
        To tell the truth, Carolus... I'd participate in that list if they could
        straighten out my account.

        I can receive messages on it but not reply to any of them. The auto reply
        critter says I'm not a member and cannot reply to list messages, despite
        that I get the list messages and must be a member to do so. Messages to the
        Caid email guru that runs the lists went unanswered and the problem unfixed.

        I thought I'd just go ahead and subscribe to the list. No luck there, it
        didn't work. Messages to the Caid email guru that runs the lists went
        unanswered and the problem unfixed.

        So I tried unsubscribing, no love. Messages to the Caid email guru that
        runs the lists went unanswered and the problem unfixed.

        Next I sent a polite letter to the lists minister (above mentioned guru)
        asking him to look into it. No love, no fix.

        Then I tried a blistering letter. No love, no fix.

        I've finally reached a point where I chalk the experience up to SCA
        volunteers not caring how well they do the job they volunteer for and I
        ignore messages coming from the list. But I've gotta be honest, every
        message that I receive but cannot reply to just irritates me that much more.

        Guy, infrequent participant

      • Robert Lauderdale
        Message 3 of 16 , Sep 13, 2005
          At 11:35 PM 9/12/05 -0700, you wrote:
          >To tell the truth, Carolus... I'd participate in that list if they could
          >straighten out my account.

          You, like I, use att.net. While you think your address
          is <name>@..., it goes out from att with the full format of
          <name>@.... Perhaps, like with Yahoo, you have to
          set up your account to recognize both forms of the address, and maybe
          <name>@... also.

          Chidiock
        • Carolus von Eulenhorst
          Message 4 of 16 , Sep 13, 2005
            Guy,
            I've contacted the web minister at the last known address I have for
            him. It is possible that with the other problems you have had your
            messages to him didn't get through.
            Carolus

            At 11:35 PM 9/12/2005, you wrote:

            >To tell the truth, Carolus... I'd participate in that list if they could
            >straighten out my account.
            >
            >I can receive messages on it but not reply to any of them. The auto reply
            >critter says I'm not a member and cannot reply to list messages, despite
            >that I get the list messages and must be a member to do so. Messages to the
            >Caid email guru that runs the lists went unanswered and the problem unfixed.
            >
            >I thought I'd just go ahead and subscribe to the list. No luck there, it
            >didn't work. Messages to the Caid email guru that runs the lists went
            >unanswered and the problem unfixed.
            >
            >So I tried unsubscribing, no love. Messages to the Caid email guru that
            >runs the lists went unanswered and the problem unfixed.
            >
            >Next I sent a polite letter to the lists minister (above mentioned guru)
            >asking him to look into it. No love, no fix.
            >
            >Then I tried a blistering letter. No love, no fix.
            >
            >I've finally reached a point where I chalk the experience up to SCA
            >volunteers not caring how well they do the job they volunteer for and I
            >ignore messages coming from the list. But I've gotta be honest, every
            >message that I receive but cannot reply to just irritates me that much more.
            >
            >Guy, infrequent participant

          • Guy Taylor
            Message 5 of 16 , Sep 13, 2005
              Thanks for the suggestion, I already tried that and got the same results.

              Guy

            • Guy Taylor
              Message 6 of 16 , Sep 13, 2005
                Thank you, sir. I know you looked into this once before and I think the web
                minister told you he had fixed it. When I didn't see a fix on my side I
                pursued the normal avenues and then gave up. You've got enough to do
                without me griping about something that's not your responsibility.

                Guy

                Ps... We've got another bow building get-together next Sunday, are ye
                available?

              • Carolus von Eulenhorst
                Message 7 of 16 , Sep 13, 2005
                  Not a problem. I am technically a deputy to the web minister so this
                  is the least I can do to help. We have changed servers so there may
                  be something there.

                  It would be Sunday. This is my last chance to get a new helm
                  finished so I can fight at GWW. Have to be next time.

                  BTW I just sent a countess and viscount to you for arrows. Do you
                  have a web site yet?

                  Carolus

                  At 12:27 AM 9/13/2005, you wrote:

                  >Thank you, sir. I know you looked into this once before and I think the web
                  >minister told you he had fixed it. When I didn't see a fix on my side I
                  >pursued the normal avenues and then gave up. You've got enough to do
                  >without me griping about something that's not your responsibility.
                  >
                  >Guy
                  >
                  >Ps... We've got another bow building get-together next Sunday, are ye
                  >available?

                • Brian Matthews
                  Message 8 of 16 , Sep 13, 2005
                    What do you expect, They are , like , TOTALLY from So Cal, like, they
                    cant help but talk more than the rest of us, its genetics!
                    (ducking for cover) ;->
                    Steven Casort wrote:

                    >This may seem like a silly question but:
                    >
                    >Is this the CAIDIAN archery list or the SCA archery list?

                  • Ingilborg Sigmundardottir
                    Message 9 of 16 , Sep 13, 2005
                      Heh..it's not just you, Lord Taillear. I tried the same interventions
                      re the Caidan target archery group a couple of months ago and got the
                      same results--nothing nada zilch--and gave up too.

                      I'm sure not alone i this complaint---so this is why I decided to put
                      up a BB for the Strongbow household. I've had about 2-3 Caidan target
                      archers use it. It's used far more by the combat archers, whom
                      apparently are more talky anyhow.

                      <www.argentlupus.com> and click on the "House Strongbow Forums". Feel
                      free to get topics going as you please.

                      In Service,

                      Ingilborg sigmundardottir
                      "Beware ulven, hun bjeffer ikke."
                      "Beware the wolf, she doesn't need to bark."
                      Semidomesticus.

                      --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, "Guy Taylor" <greytaylor@a...>
                      wrote:
                      > Thank you, sir. I know you looked into this once before and I
                      think the web
                      > minister told you he had fixed it. When I didn't see a fix on my
                      side I
                      > pursued the normal avenues and then gave up. You've got enough to
                      do
                      > without me griping about something that's not your responsibility.
                      >
                      > Guy
                      >
                      > Ps... We've got another bow building get-together next Sunday, are
                      ye
                      > available?

                    • Carolus von Eulenhorst
                      Message 10 of 16 , Sep 13, 2005
                        I have forward this information also. As it appears to be a more
                        common problem than I knew, I can start putting more pressure on to
                        get it fixed. It may be related to our server change and it could be
                        that our web minister also does not get the complaints.
                        Carolus

                      • jotl@ridgecrest.ca.us
                        Message 11 of 16 , Sep 13, 2005
                          At 2:48 PM 9/13/05 +0000, Ingilborg Sigmundardottir wrote:

                          >I'm sure not alone i this complaint---so this is why I decided to put
                          >up a BB for the Strongbow household. I've had about 2-3 Caidan target
                          >archers use it. It's used far more by the combat archers, whom
                          >apparently are more talky anyhow.

                          It is simply that us target folk are more used to being quiet behind the line.

                          ;-)

                          James
                          jotl@...