Re: [SCA-Archery] List Question

  • James W. Pratt, Jr.
    Message 1 of 16 , Sep 12, 2005
      SCA

      James Cunningham
      Middle KIngdom
      ----- Original Message -----
      From: "Steven Casort" <ihon_macl@...>
      To: <SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Monday, September 12, 2005 12:37 PM
      Subject: [SCA-Archery] List Question

      > This may seem like a silly question but:
      >
      > Is this the CAIDIAN archery list or the SCA archery list?
      >

      > In Service
      > Ihon MacLucas
      > aka Steve Casort

      > Yahoo! Groups Links

    • Jeffrey Webb
      Message 2 of 16 , Sep 12, 2005
        God Bless the Caidian archers, they have learned well from the East Realm archers.
        :-P

        Message 3 of 16 , Sep 12, 2005
          This is SCA
          For any interested in the Caidan list a message to
          caid-targetarchery-subscribe@... with no subject or message
          will get you subscribed.

          I hope to see many of you both Caidan and our friends in other
          kingdoms join us here. It is a rather low traffic list.

          Carolus

          At 09:37 AM 9/12/2005, you wrote:

          >This may seem like a silly question but:
          >
          >Is this the CAIDIAN archery list or the SCA archery list?
          >

          >In Service
          >Ihon MacLucas
          > aka Steve Casort

          >Yahoo! Groups Links
          >

          >--
        • Guy Taylor
          Message 4 of 16 , Sep 12, 2005
            To tell the truth, Carolus... I'd participate in that list if they could
            straighten out my account.

            I can receive messages on it but not reply to any of them. The auto reply
            critter says I'm not a member and cannot reply to list messages, despite
            that I get the list messages and must be a member to do so. Messages to the
            Caid email guru that runs the lists went unanswered and the problem unfixed.

            I thought I'd just go ahead and subscribe to the list. No luck there, it
            didn't work. Messages to the Caid email guru that runs the lists went
            unanswered and the problem unfixed.

            So I tried unsubscribing, no love. Messages to the Caid email guru that
            runs the lists went unanswered and the problem unfixed.

            Next I sent a polite letter to the lists minister (above mentioned guru)
            asking him to look into it. No love, no fix.

            Then I tried a blistering letter. No love, no fix.

            I've finally reached a point where I chalk the experience up to SCA
            volunteers not caring how well they do the job they volunteer for and I
            ignore messages coming from the list. But I've gotta be honest, every
            message that I receive but cannot reply to just irritates me that much more.

            Guy, infrequent participant

          • Robert Lauderdale
            Message 5 of 16 , Sep 13, 2005
              At 11:35 PM 9/12/05 -0700, you wrote:
              >To tell the truth, Carolus... I'd participate in that list if they could
              >straighten out my account.

              You, like I, use att.net. While you think your address
              is <name>@..., it goes out from att with the full format of
              <name>@.... Perhaps, like with Yahoo, you have to
              set up your account to recognize both forms of the address, and maybe
              <name>@... also.

              Chidiock
            • Carolus von Eulenhorst
              Message 6 of 16 , Sep 13, 2005
                Guy,
                I've contacted the web minister at the last known address I have for
                him. It is possible that with the other problems you have had your
                messages to him didn't get through.
                Carolus

                At 11:35 PM 9/12/2005, you wrote:

                >To tell the truth, Carolus... I'd participate in that list if they could
                >straighten out my account.
                >
                >I can receive messages on it but not reply to any of them. The auto reply
                >critter says I'm not a member and cannot reply to list messages, despite
                >that I get the list messages and must be a member to do so. Messages to the
                >Caid email guru that runs the lists went unanswered and the problem unfixed.
                >
                >I thought I'd just go ahead and subscribe to the list. No luck there, it
                >didn't work. Messages to the Caid email guru that runs the lists went
                >unanswered and the problem unfixed.
                >
                >So I tried unsubscribing, no love. Messages to the Caid email guru that
                >runs the lists went unanswered and the problem unfixed.
                >
                >Next I sent a polite letter to the lists minister (above mentioned guru)
                >asking him to look into it. No love, no fix.
                >
                >Then I tried a blistering letter. No love, no fix.
                >
                >I've finally reached a point where I chalk the experience up to SCA
                >volunteers not caring how well they do the job they volunteer for and I
                >ignore messages coming from the list. But I've gotta be honest, every
                >message that I receive but cannot reply to just irritates me that much more.
                >
                >Guy, infrequent participant

              • Guy Taylor
                Message 7 of 16 , Sep 13, 2005
                  Thanks for the suggestion, I already tried that and got the same results.

                  Guy

                • Guy Taylor
                  Message 8 of 16 , Sep 13, 2005
                    Thank you, sir. I know you looked into this once before and I think the web
                    minister told you he had fixed it. When I didn't see a fix on my side I
                    pursued the normal avenues and then gave up. You've got enough to do
                    without me griping about something that's not your responsibility.

                    Guy

                    Ps... We've got another bow building get-together next Sunday, are ye
                    available?

                  • Carolus von Eulenhorst
                    Message 9 of 16 , Sep 13, 2005
                      Not a problem. I am technically a deputy to the web minister so this
                      is the least I can do to help. We have changed servers so there may
                      be something there.

                      It would be Sunday. This is my last chance to get a new helm
                      finished so I can fight at GWW. Have to be next time.

                      BTW I just sent a countess and viscount to you for arrows. Do you
                      have a web site yet?

                      Carolus

                      At 12:27 AM 9/13/2005, you wrote:

                      >Thank you, sir. I know you looked into this once before and I think the web
                      >minister told you he had fixed it. When I didn't see a fix on my side I
                      >pursued the normal avenues and then gave up. You've got enough to do
                      >without me griping about something that's not your responsibility.
                      >
                      >Guy
                      >
                      >Ps... We've got another bow building get-together next Sunday, are ye
                      >available?

                    • Brian Matthews
                      Message 10 of 16 , Sep 13, 2005
                        What do you expect, They are , like , TOTALLY from So Cal, like, they
                        cant help but talk more than the rest of us, its genetics!
                        (ducking for cover) ;->
                        Steven Casort wrote:

                        >This may seem like a silly question but:
                        >
                        >Is this the CAIDIAN archery list or the SCA archery list?

                      • Ingilborg Sigmundardottir
                        Message 11 of 16 , Sep 13, 2005
                          Heh..it's not just you, Lord Taillear. I tried the same interventions
                          re the Caidan target archery group a couple of months ago and got the
                          same results--nothing nada zilch--and gave up too.

                          I'm sure not alone i this complaint---so this is why I decided to put
                          up a BB for the Strongbow household. I've had about 2-3 Caidan target
                          archers use it. It's used far more by the combat archers, whom
                          apparently are more talky anyhow.

                          <www.argentlupus.com> and click on the "House Strongbow Forums". Feel
                          free to get topics going as you please.

                          In Service,

                          Ingilborg sigmundardottir
                          "Beware ulven, hun bjeffer ikke."
                          "Beware the wolf, she doesn't need to bark."
                          Semidomesticus.

                          --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, "Guy Taylor" <greytaylor@a...>
                          wrote:
                          > Thank you, sir. I know you looked into this once before and I
                          think the web
                          > minister told you he had fixed it. When I didn't see a fix on my
                          side I
                          > pursued the normal avenues and then gave up. You've got enough to
                          do
                          > without me griping about something that's not your responsibility.
                          >
                          > Guy
                          >
                          > Ps... We've got another bow building get-together next Sunday, are
                          ye
                          > available?

                        • Carolus von Eulenhorst
                          Message 12 of 16 , Sep 13, 2005
                            I have forward this information also. As it appears to be a more
                            common problem than I knew, I can start putting more pressure on to
                            get it fixed. It may be related to our server change and it could be
                            that our web minister also does not get the complaints.
                            Carolus

                          • jotl@ridgecrest.ca.us
                            Message 13 of 16 , Sep 13, 2005
                              At 2:48 PM 9/13/05 +0000, Ingilborg Sigmundardottir wrote:

                              >I'm sure not alone i this complaint---so this is why I decided to put
                              >up a BB for the Strongbow household. I've had about 2-3 Caidan target
                              >archers use it. It's used far more by the combat archers, whom
                              >apparently are more talky anyhow.

                              It is simply that us target folk are more used to being quiet behind the line.

                              ;-)

                              James
                              jotl@...