Re: [SCA-Archery] List Question

  • Blackmoon
    Message 1 of 16 , Sep 12, 2005
      GREETINGS

      THIS WOULD BE THE SCA ARCHERY LIST .

      BE SAFE, BE HAPPY, HAVE FUN
      ARTHUR BLACKMOON
      ----- Original Message -----
      From: "Steven Casort" <ihon_macl@...>
      To: <SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Monday, September 12, 2005 11:37 AM
      Subject: [SCA-Archery] List Question

      > This may seem like a silly question but:
      >
      > Is this the CAIDIAN archery list or the SCA archery list?
      >

      > In Service
      > Ihon MacLucas
      > aka Steve Casort

      > Yahoo! Groups Links

    • Scott B. Jaqua
      Message 2 of 16 , Sep 12, 2005
        Steven Casort wrote:

        >This may seem like a silly question but:
        >
        >Is this the CAIDIAN archery list or the SCA archery list?

        It's the SCA Archery list. It just has a large number of Caidans on it.
        The art of archery is alive and well in Caid.

        Njall
        If you want really scary, checkout the number of Caidan metalworkers on
        the East Kingdom Metalworkers list. :)
      • James W. Pratt, Jr.
        Message 3 of 16 , Sep 12, 2005
          SCA

          James Cunningham
          Middle KIngdom
          > This may seem like a silly question but:
          >
          > Is this the CAIDIAN archery list or the SCA archery list?
          >

          > In Service
          > Ihon MacLucas
          > aka Steve Casort

          > Yahoo! Groups Links

        • Jeffrey Webb
          Message 4 of 16 , Sep 12, 2005
            God Bless the Caidian archers, they have learned well from the East Realm archers.
            :-P

            >This may seem like a silly question but:
            >
            >Is this the CAIDIAN archery list or the SCA archery list?

            It's the SCA Archery list. It just has a large number of Caidans on it.
            The art of archery is alive and well in Caid.

            Njall
            If you want really scary, checkout the number of Caidan metalworkers on
            the East Kingdom Metalworkers list. :)

            Yahoo! Groups Links
          • Carolus von Eulenhorst
            Message 5 of 16 , Sep 12, 2005
              This is SCA
              For any interested in the Caidan list a message to
              caid-targetarchery-subscribe@... with no subject or message
              will get you subscribed.

              I hope to see many of you both Caidan and our friends in other
              kingdoms join us here. It is a rather low traffic list.

              Carolus

              At 09:37 AM 9/12/2005, you wrote:

              >This may seem like a silly question but:
              >
              >Is this the CAIDIAN archery list or the SCA archery list?
              >

              >In Service
              >Ihon MacLucas
              > aka Steve Casort

              >Yahoo! Groups Links
              >

              >--
            • Guy Taylor
              Message 6 of 16 , Sep 12, 2005
                To tell the truth, Carolus... I'd participate in that list if they could
                straighten out my account.

                I can receive messages on it but not reply to any of them. The auto reply
                critter says I'm not a member and cannot reply to list messages, despite
                that I get the list messages and must be a member to do so. Messages to the
                Caid email guru that runs the lists went unanswered and the problem unfixed.

                I thought I'd just go ahead and subscribe to the list. No luck there, it
                didn't work. Messages to the Caid email guru that runs the lists went
                unanswered and the problem unfixed.

                So I tried unsubscribing, no love. Messages to the Caid email guru that
                runs the lists went unanswered and the problem unfixed.

                Next I sent a polite letter to the lists minister (above mentioned guru)
                asking him to look into it. No love, no fix.

                Then I tried a blistering letter. No love, no fix.

                I've finally reached a point where I chalk the experience up to SCA
                volunteers not caring how well they do the job they volunteer for and I
                ignore messages coming from the list. But I've gotta be honest, every
                message that I receive but cannot reply to just irritates me that much more.

                Guy, infrequent participant

              • Robert Lauderdale
                Message 7 of 16 , Sep 13, 2005
                  At 11:35 PM 9/12/05 -0700, you wrote:
                  >To tell the truth, Carolus... I'd participate in that list if they could
                  >straighten out my account.

                  You, like I, use att.net. While you think your address
                  is <name>@..., it goes out from att with the full format of
                  <name>@.... Perhaps, like with Yahoo, you have to
                  set up your account to recognize both forms of the address, and maybe
                  <name>@... also.

                  Chidiock
                • Carolus von Eulenhorst
                  Message 8 of 16 , Sep 13, 2005
                    Guy,
                    I've contacted the web minister at the last known address I have for
                    him. It is possible that with the other problems you have had your
                    messages to him didn't get through.
                    Carolus

                    At 11:35 PM 9/12/2005, you wrote:

                    >To tell the truth, Carolus... I'd participate in that list if they could
                    >straighten out my account.
                    >
                    >I can receive messages on it but not reply to any of them. The auto reply
                    >critter says I'm not a member and cannot reply to list messages, despite
                    >that I get the list messages and must be a member to do so. Messages to the
                    >Caid email guru that runs the lists went unanswered and the problem unfixed.
                    >
                    >I thought I'd just go ahead and subscribe to the list. No luck there, it
                    >didn't work. Messages to the Caid email guru that runs the lists went
                    >unanswered and the problem unfixed.
                    >
                    >So I tried unsubscribing, no love. Messages to the Caid email guru that
                    >runs the lists went unanswered and the problem unfixed.
                    >
                    >Next I sent a polite letter to the lists minister (above mentioned guru)
                    >asking him to look into it. No love, no fix.
                    >
                    >Then I tried a blistering letter. No love, no fix.
                    >
                    >I've finally reached a point where I chalk the experience up to SCA
                    >volunteers not caring how well they do the job they volunteer for and I
                    >ignore messages coming from the list. But I've gotta be honest, every
                    >message that I receive but cannot reply to just irritates me that much more.
                    >
                    >Guy, infrequent participant

                  • Guy Taylor
                    Message 9 of 16 , Sep 13, 2005
                      Thanks for the suggestion, I already tried that and got the same results.

                      Guy

                    • Guy Taylor
                      Message 10 of 16 , Sep 13, 2005
                        Thank you, sir. I know you looked into this once before and I think the web
                        minister told you he had fixed it. When I didn't see a fix on my side I
                        pursued the normal avenues and then gave up. You've got enough to do
                        without me griping about something that's not your responsibility.

                        Guy

                        Ps... We've got another bow building get-together next Sunday, are ye
                        available?

                      • Carolus von Eulenhorst
                        Message 11 of 16 , Sep 13, 2005
                          Not a problem. I am technically a deputy to the web minister so this
                          is the least I can do to help. We have changed servers so there may
                          be something there.

                          It would be Sunday. This is my last chance to get a new helm
                          finished so I can fight at GWW. Have to be next time.

                          BTW I just sent a countess and viscount to you for arrows. Do you
                          have a web site yet?

                          Carolus

                          At 12:27 AM 9/13/2005, you wrote:

                          >Thank you, sir. I know you looked into this once before and I think the web
                          >minister told you he had fixed it. When I didn't see a fix on my side I
                          >pursued the normal avenues and then gave up. You've got enough to do
                          >without me griping about something that's not your responsibility.
                          >
                          >Guy
                          >
                          >Ps... We've got another bow building get-together next Sunday, are ye
                          >available?

                        • Brian Matthews
                          Message 12 of 16 , Sep 13, 2005
                            What do you expect, They are , like , TOTALLY from So Cal, like, they
                            cant help but talk more than the rest of us, its genetics!
                            (ducking for cover) ;->
                            Steven Casort wrote:

                            >This may seem like a silly question but:
                            >
                            >Is this the CAIDIAN archery list or the SCA archery list?

                          • Ingilborg Sigmundardottir
                            Message 13 of 16 , Sep 13, 2005
                              Heh..it's not just you, Lord Taillear. I tried the same interventions
                              re the Caidan target archery group a couple of months ago and got the
                              same results--nothing nada zilch--and gave up too.

                              I'm sure not alone i this complaint---so this is why I decided to put
                              up a BB for the Strongbow household. I've had about 2-3 Caidan target
                              archers use it. It's used far more by the combat archers, whom
                              apparently are more talky anyhow.

                              <www.argentlupus.com> and click on the "House Strongbow Forums". Feel
                              free to get topics going as you please.

                              In Service,

                              Ingilborg sigmundardottir
                              "Beware ulven, hun bjeffer ikke."
                              "Beware the wolf, she doesn't need to bark."
                              Semidomesticus.

                              --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, "Guy Taylor" <greytaylor@a...>
                              wrote:
                              > Thank you, sir. I know you looked into this once before and I
                              think the web
                              > minister told you he had fixed it. When I didn't see a fix on my
                              side I
                              > pursued the normal avenues and then gave up. You've got enough to
                              do
                              > without me griping about something that's not your responsibility.
                              >
                              > Guy
                              >
                              > Ps... We've got another bow building get-together next Sunday, are
                              ye
                              > available?

                            • Carolus von Eulenhorst
                              Message 14 of 16 , Sep 13, 2005
                                I have forward this information also. As it appears to be a more
                                common problem than I knew, I can start putting more pressure on to
                                get it fixed. It may be related to our server change and it could be
                                that our web minister also does not get the complaints.
                                Carolus

                              • jotl@ridgecrest.ca.us
                                Message 15 of 16 , Sep 13, 2005
                                  At 2:48 PM 9/13/05 +0000, Ingilborg Sigmundardottir wrote:

                                  >I'm sure not alone i this complaint---so this is why I decided to put
                                  >up a BB for the Strongbow household. I've had about 2-3 Caidan target
                                  >archers use it. It's used far more by the combat archers, whom
                                  >apparently are more talky anyhow.

                                  It is simply that us target folk are more used to being quiet behind the line.

                                  ;-)

                                  James
                                  jotl@...