List Question

  • Steven Casort
    Message 1 of 16 , Sep 12 9:37 AM
      This may seem like a silly question but:

      Is this the CAIDIAN archery list or the SCA archery list?

      In Service
      Ihon MacLucas
      aka Steve Casort
    • Blackmoon
      Message 2 of 16 , Sep 12 10:15 AM
        GREETINGS

        THIS WOULD BE THE SCA ARCHERY LIST .

        BE SAFE, BE HAPPY, HAVE FUN
        ARTHUR BLACKMOON
        > This may seem like a silly question but:
        >
        > Is this the CAIDIAN archery list or the SCA archery list?
        >

        > In Service
        > Ihon MacLucas
        > aka Steve Casort

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Scott B. Jaqua
        Message 3 of 16 , Sep 12 10:20 AM
          Steven Casort wrote:

          >This may seem like a silly question but:
          >
          >Is this the CAIDIAN archery list or the SCA archery list?

          It's the SCA Archery list. It just has a large number of Caidans on it.
          The art of archery is alive and well in Caid.

          Njall
          If you want really scary, checkout the number of Caidan metalworkers on
          the East Kingdom Metalworkers list. :)
        • James W. Pratt, Jr.
          Message 4 of 16 , Sep 12 10:37 AM
            SCA

            James Cunningham
            Middle KIngdom
            > This may seem like a silly question but:
            >
            > Is this the CAIDIAN archery list or the SCA archery list?
            >

            > In Service
            > Ihon MacLucas
            > aka Steve Casort

            > Yahoo! Groups Links

          • Jeffrey Webb
            Message 5 of 16 , Sep 12 11:36 AM
              God Bless the Caidian archers, they have learned well from the East Realm archers.
              :-P

              >This may seem like a silly question but:
              >
              >Is this the CAIDIAN archery list or the SCA archery list?

              It's the SCA Archery list. It just has a large number of Caidans on it.
              The art of archery is alive and well in Caid.

              Njall
              If you want really scary, checkout the number of Caidan metalworkers on
              the East Kingdom Metalworkers list. :)

              Yahoo! Groups Links
            • Carolus von Eulenhorst
              Message 6 of 16 , Sep 12 8:48 PM
                This is SCA
                For any interested in the Caidan list a message to
                caid-targetarchery-subscribe@... with no subject or message
                will get you subscribed.

                I hope to see many of you both Caidan and our friends in other
                kingdoms join us here. It is a rather low traffic list.

                Carolus

                At 09:37 AM 9/12/2005, you wrote:

                >This may seem like a silly question but:
                >
                >Is this the CAIDIAN archery list or the SCA archery list?
                >

                >In Service
                >Ihon MacLucas
                > aka Steve Casort

                >Yahoo! Groups Links
                >

                >--
              • Guy Taylor
                Message 7 of 16 , Sep 12 11:35 PM
                  To tell the truth, Carolus... I'd participate in that list if they could
                  straighten out my account.

                  I can receive messages on it but not reply to any of them. The auto reply
                  critter says I'm not a member and cannot reply to list messages, despite
                  that I get the list messages and must be a member to do so. Messages to the
                  Caid email guru that runs the lists went unanswered and the problem unfixed.

                  I thought I'd just go ahead and subscribe to the list. No luck there, it
                  didn't work. Messages to the Caid email guru that runs the lists went
                  unanswered and the problem unfixed.

                  So I tried unsubscribing, no love. Messages to the Caid email guru that
                  runs the lists went unanswered and the problem unfixed.

                  Next I sent a polite letter to the lists minister (above mentioned guru)
                  asking him to look into it. No love, no fix.

                  Then I tried a blistering letter. No love, no fix.

                  I've finally reached a point where I chalk the experience up to SCA
                  volunteers not caring how well they do the job they volunteer for and I
                  ignore messages coming from the list. But I've gotta be honest, every
                  message that I receive but cannot reply to just irritates me that much more.

                  Guy, infrequent participant

                • Robert Lauderdale
                  Message 8 of 16 , Sep 13 12:01 AM
                    At 11:35 PM 9/12/05 -0700, you wrote:
                    >To tell the truth, Carolus... I'd participate in that list if they could
                    >straighten out my account.

                    You, like I, use att.net. While you think your address
                    is <name>@..., it goes out from att with the full format of
                    <name>@.... Perhaps, like with Yahoo, you have to
                    set up your account to recognize both forms of the address, and maybe
                    <name>@... also.

                    Chidiock
                  • Carolus von Eulenhorst
                    Message 9 of 16 , Sep 13 12:12 AM
                      Guy,
                      I've contacted the web minister at the last known address I have for
                      him. It is possible that with the other problems you have had your
                      messages to him didn't get through.
                      Carolus

                      At 11:35 PM 9/12/2005, you wrote:

                      >To tell the truth, Carolus... I'd participate in that list if they could
                      >straighten out my account.
                      >
                      >I can receive messages on it but not reply to any of them. The auto reply
                      >critter says I'm not a member and cannot reply to list messages, despite
                      >that I get the list messages and must be a member to do so. Messages to the
                      >Caid email guru that runs the lists went unanswered and the problem unfixed.
                      >
                      >I thought I'd just go ahead and subscribe to the list. No luck there, it
                      >didn't work. Messages to the Caid email guru that runs the lists went
                      >unanswered and the problem unfixed.
                      >
                      >So I tried unsubscribing, no love. Messages to the Caid email guru that
                      >runs the lists went unanswered and the problem unfixed.
                      >
                      >Next I sent a polite letter to the lists minister (above mentioned guru)
                      >asking him to look into it. No love, no fix.
                      >
                      >Then I tried a blistering letter. No love, no fix.
                      >
                      >I've finally reached a point where I chalk the experience up to SCA
                      >volunteers not caring how well they do the job they volunteer for and I
                      >ignore messages coming from the list. But I've gotta be honest, every
                      >message that I receive but cannot reply to just irritates me that much more.
                      >
                      >Guy, infrequent participant

                    • Guy Taylor
                      Message 10 of 16 , Sep 13 12:24 AM
                        Thanks for the suggestion, I already tried that and got the same results.

                        Guy

                      • Guy Taylor
                        Message 11 of 16 , Sep 13 12:27 AM
                          Thank you, sir. I know you looked into this once before and I think the web
                          minister told you he had fixed it. When I didn't see a fix on my side I
                          pursued the normal avenues and then gave up. You've got enough to do
                          without me griping about something that's not your responsibility.

                          Guy

                          Ps... We've got another bow building get-together next Sunday, are ye
                          available?

                        • Carolus von Eulenhorst
                          Message 12 of 16 , Sep 13 12:57 AM
                            Not a problem. I am technically a deputy to the web minister so this
                            is the least I can do to help. We have changed servers so there may
                            be something there.

                            It would be Sunday. This is my last chance to get a new helm
                            finished so I can fight at GWW. Have to be next time.

                            BTW I just sent a countess and viscount to you for arrows. Do you
                            have a web site yet?

                            Carolus

                            At 12:27 AM 9/13/2005, you wrote:

                            >Thank you, sir. I know you looked into this once before and I think the web
                            >minister told you he had fixed it. When I didn't see a fix on my side I
                            >pursued the normal avenues and then gave up. You've got enough to do
                            >without me griping about something that's not your responsibility.
                            >
                            >Guy
                            >
                            >Ps... We've got another bow building get-together next Sunday, are ye
                            >available?

                          • Brian Matthews
                            Message 13 of 16 , Sep 13 6:35 AM
                              What do you expect, They are , like , TOTALLY from So Cal, like, they
                              cant help but talk more than the rest of us, its genetics!
                              (ducking for cover) ;->
                              Steven Casort wrote:

                              >This may seem like a silly question but:
                              >
                              >Is this the CAIDIAN archery list or the SCA archery list?

                            • Ingilborg Sigmundardottir
                              Message 14 of 16 , Sep 13 7:48 AM
                                Heh..it's not just you, Lord Taillear. I tried the same interventions
                                re the Caidan target archery group a couple of months ago and got the
                                same results--nothing nada zilch--and gave up too.

                                I'm sure not alone i this complaint---so this is why I decided to put
                                up a BB for the Strongbow household. I've had about 2-3 Caidan target
                                archers use it. It's used far more by the combat archers, whom
                                apparently are more talky anyhow.

                                <www.argentlupus.com> and click on the "House Strongbow Forums". Feel
                                free to get topics going as you please.

                                In Service,

                                Ingilborg sigmundardottir
                                "Beware ulven, hun bjeffer ikke."
                                "Beware the wolf, she doesn't need to bark."
                                Semidomesticus.

                                --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, "Guy Taylor" <greytaylor@a...>
                                wrote:
                                > Thank you, sir. I know you looked into this once before and I
                                think the web
                                > minister told you he had fixed it. When I didn't see a fix on my
                                side I
                                > pursued the normal avenues and then gave up. You've got enough to
                                do
                                > without me griping about something that's not your responsibility.
                                >
                                > Guy
                                >
                                > Ps... We've got another bow building get-together next Sunday, are
                                ye
                                > available?

                              • Carolus von Eulenhorst
                                Message 15 of 16 , Sep 13 8:11 AM
                                  I have forward this information also. As it appears to be a more
                                  common problem than I knew, I can start putting more pressure on to
                                  get it fixed. It may be related to our server change and it could be
                                  that our web minister also does not get the complaints.
                                  Carolus

                                • jotl@ridgecrest.ca.us
                                  Message 16 of 16 , Sep 13 6:43 PM
                                    At 2:48 PM 9/13/05 +0000, Ingilborg Sigmundardottir wrote:

                                    >I'm sure not alone i this complaint---so this is why I decided to put
                                    >up a BB for the Strongbow household. I've had about 2-3 Caidan target
                                    >archers use it. It's used far more by the combat archers, whom
                                    >apparently are more talky anyhow.

                                    It is simply that us target folk are more used to being quiet behind the line.

                                    ;-)

                                    James
                                    jotl@...