OT - Help needed for Gleann Abhann victems of Katrina

  • ragnarketilsson
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 2, 2005
      This is Ragnar, posting on a totally off-topic critical problem. I
      know Peregrine, and vouch personally for him. What follows, below
      the bar, are his words. All I can add is to ask you all to dig deep -
      they need help now, and will for a long time to come.

      THL Ragnar Ketilsson, Moderator

      In the wake of Hurricane Katrina, which left many residents of the
      Principality of Gleann Abhann in Meridies without homes and relying
      upon the charity of others, Peregrine Fairchylde, the Meridies
      kingdom archery marshal and a Gleann Abhann resident unaffected by
      the storm, is organizing the Gleann Abhann Supply Run. Goods are
      being collected in principality groups and then relayed from one to
      the next until they reach the affected areas.

      Many of those impacted by the storm are among Meridies' and Gleann
      Abhann's finest archers: Baron Sir Merwyyd of Effington, Daffyd ap
      Kynydd, Aleyn ap Rhys, Ifor de Lecester and more. While we can't
      promise that assistance from other Society archers will reach these
      people specifically, all assistance will go to SCA members and will
      be most welcome.

      The most efficient way for out-of-kingdom supporters to help is to
      buy gift cards for places like gas stations, Wal-Mart, Home Depot,
      etc. (make sure it's a chain with a presence in the South). These
      will be either used to buy supplies and keep the supply caravans
      fueled, or passed on to refugees who have, in many cases, lost
      everything and will have to build from the start. Cards can be
      mailed to Peregrine at: Eric Francis, 3322 Lamar St., Little Rock,
      Ark. 72205.

      Peregrine's effort is strictly to help people get the necessities
      they need to make it through the next few weeks. Offers of long-term
      assistance (like, into next year) of housing, jobs, etc., should be
      directed to Master Erik of Telemark, special deputy seneschal for
      disaster relief (irngld@...). Offers of temporary shelter
      for displaced residents should go to Viscountess Kenna
      (sperryw@...).

      Thank you for any assistance you can render Gleann Abhann at this
      time of need.

      Peregrine Fairchylde