RE: [SCA-Archery] Split the Arrow?

  • RJ bachner
    Message 1 of 45 , Aug 2, 2005
      I suspect you would have to have any arrow with incredibly clean straight grain
      allready in the target and the broadhead lined up with the grain exactly and be
      precisely dead center of the long axis of the shaft and have exactly the same
      flight path.

      The 2nd vector would have to be precisely the same as the first or you would
      essentially be hitting at an angle and the split would not run the length. I
      wonder how they are gonna do this? I hope they have a trad guy with longbow and
      wooden arrows.

      Prolly they go with a compound shooting machine and hollow aluminums.

      Ragi

      Message 45 of 45 , Aug 4, 2005
        Al T wrote:

        > I just found out that the Mythbusters show is going to take on the old
        > Robin Hood stunt of splitting an arrow. It's supposed to air on
        > Wednesday, Aug 3rd. See the writeup at
        > http://www.tv.com/mythbusters/show/22839/summary.html

        I tried to sign up to 'write a review'. The system seems broken.

        -- Fritz