Re: [SCA-Archery] Split the Arrow?

  • Siegfried
    Message 1 of 45 , Aug 2, 2005
      Hence why I am rather interested in their outcome.

      If they show 'busted', then they are going to get a slew of email from
      the SCA community.

      Now, it may be a difference between 'cracking' the arrow, or splitting
      it back to front and sticking the arrow in the previous spot.

      That, is something that I've never seen, but have 'heard' from a few
      archers that they have had it happen. It takes having an arrow with
      really really straight grain to get split :)

      Siegfried

      On 8/2/05, Lord Caedmon Wilson <caedmon.wilson@...> wrote:
      > They must be scraping the bottom of the myth barrel. If they would
      > just attend a few archery practices, they would that we do it all the
      > time.
      >
      > --
      > Lord Caedmon Wilson
      >
      > Oaken Regional Youth Combat Marshal
      > Crossbow Archery Champion, Barony Flaming Gryphon
      > Rapier Champion, South Oaken Region

      > Yahoo! Groups Links

    • Carl West
      Message 45 of 45 , Aug 4, 2005
        Al T wrote:

        > I just found out that the Mythbusters show is going to take on the old
        > Robin Hood stunt of splitting an arrow. It's supposed to air on
        > Wednesday, Aug 3rd. See the writeup at
        > http://www.tv.com/mythbusters/show/22839/summary.html

        I tried to sign up to 'write a review'. The system seems broken.

        -- Fritz