High IKAC scores

  • John edgerton
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 27, 2005
      I have noticed and envied, the high IKAC scores in the crossbow open
      division -349 and in the period crossbow division-382. They were shot
      by Caedmon Wilson of the Middle. Does anyone know what kind of
      crossbow he uses and what his technique is? I would sure like to be
      able to shoot like that. :-)

      Jon
    • Lord Caedmon Wilson
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 27, 2005
        <NASCAR Mode="on">

        Yeah, I want to thank all of my sponsors...the Marche of the Unicorn,
        Barony Flaming Gryphon, South Oaken Region, Middle Kingdom, Master
        James Cunninghman and the Lord Almighty for providing me with the
        opportunity to represent them and provide my equipment and skill. My
        crossbow has performed well and, God willing, it will keep on
        producing with my team behind me all of the way.

        <NASCAR Mode="off">

        But seriously, I had a very good day. I only shoot one set of IKAC
        scores for any division per season, so I am at the mercy of my mood on
        that day I will have when I try. I practice for 2 hours (about 220+
        shots) , then score. In this case, with crossbow. Shooting an IKAC
        can be downright tiring. I am finally returning to my former faster
        self, I came close to 10 bolts in a couple of the speed rounds. I
        shoot with a Cunningham Crossbow, 120# prod. The former prod was 90#.
        The newer, heavier prod has helped my scoring consistency, especially
        at 40 yards.

        At some point, I will embarrass myself with a recurve score in the near future.

        --
        Lord Caedmon Wilson

        Oaken Regional Youth Combat Marshal
        Crossbow Archery Champion, Barony Flaming Gryphon
        Rapier Champion, South Oaken Region
      • John edgerton
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 27, 2005
          Yes. That is the hidden secret ......"Practice" :-) Lots of practice.
          What do you average at each distance, regular and timed?

          Ten in thirty seconds is something I will never come close to with my
          150 lb prod with rolling nut and cocking it with a lever. :-(

          Jon