Call for Instructors - Northshield Academy of Swordless Martial Arts

  • David Thompson-Hall
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 26 9:37 PM
      Greetings to the Archers of Northshield and the Known World from THL
      John Bartholomew of Flanders, writing from the sunny lands of
      southern Northshield...

      I write today to solicit instructors and class proposals for a
      wonderful event that is coming up in the not too distant future...

      The Northshield Academy of Swordless Martial Arts (NASMA) - or as I
      like to call it,"All the fun you can have without hitting people!" -
      is a new event being held in Northshield this fall.

      NASMA is an event dedicated to teaching and learning in all the
      martial arts except armored and rapier - so it's all about archery,
      thrown weapons, equestrian, and seige weapons.

      The first NASMA will be held on Sunday, Sept 4, 2005, at the
      Trempeleau County Fairgrounds in Galesville, WI. (NASMA is hosted
      the Autumn Rose event held at that site on Friday and Saturday, Sept
      2-3.)

      (I know that this date is not very far off, and it conflicts with a
      whole lot of other events and activities... but we see it as a rare
      opportunity to hold an event like this, and the site is perfect for
      it...)

      What I am looking for is folks who would be interested in teaching
      classes or running activities related to archery at NASMA.

      We have space for both "traditional" classes (string-making, history
      of archery, etc) and on-range classes (archery for beginners, speed
      shooting techniques, etc.).

      If you are interested in teaching an archery-related class at NASMA,
      know someone who might be, or just have a good class idea, please
      contact me and let me know!

      Thank you for your time, and I look forward to seeing folks at the event!

      Jack

      --
      THL John Bartholomew of Flanders jbf@...