Re: [SCA-Archery] Re: Ambidextrous bow

  • John Rossignol
    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 19, 2005
      I'm re-sending this because my message from yesterday apparently did not
      get through (I've been having some trouble with that lately). I hope
      this one makes it.

      Anyway, yes, Sir Jon, you have my permission to forward any post of mine
      to the West EQ list. I think I myself will send this particular post to
      the EQ list with a little explanatory note, but in the future please
      feel free to forward any post of mine which you think might be helpful
      to people.

      John

      John edgerton wrote:

      > My I forward your post to the West's Equestrian list?
      >
      > Jon
      > On Sunday, July 17, 2005, at 11:06 PM, John Rossignol wrote:
      >
      >> That reminds me of something I should perhaps mention about the "horse
      >> bows" of the Middle East and the steppes: you can find both "short" and
      >> "tall" versions of most designs. The shorter versions are better for
      >> horseback archery. The taller versions are generally better for
      >> standing archery, and for using the western 3-finger draw. (The
      >> following doesn't address any features of the very-asymmetric Japanese
      >> bows -- I know nothing about them. The traditional Korean bows I have

      <snip>