Bowsocks

  • Kaleyna
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 12, 2005
      Does onion make, or know someone who makes, affordable bowsocks for
      recurves?

      Thanks

      Kathy

    • Kaleyna
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 12, 2005
        >>>Does onion make>>>

        Wow! Can only imagine what type of mess I typed up for the spellchecker to
        get 'onion' instead of 'anyone'! :)

        Kathy
      • James Koch
        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 12, 2005
          Kathy,

          You can make your own easily enough. Just obtain a couple yards of
          upholstery material. Cut a strip six inches wide and six inches longer
          than the bow. Sew it leaving one end open. Add a closure to that
          end. Cut a narrower strip and sew it lengthwise to form a carrying strap.

          Jim Koch (Gladius The Alchemist)

          > At 09:20 PM 7/12/2005, you wrote:
          >Does onion make, or know someone who makes, affordable bowsocks for
          >recurves?
          >

          >Thanks
          >

          >Kathy

          >Yahoo! Groups Links

        • Kaleyna
          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 12, 2005
            >>>You can make your own easily enough.>>

            I don't sew.

            Kathy
          • Carl West
            Message 5 of 8 , Jul 12, 2005
              James Koch wrote:
              > Kathy,
              > >
              > You can make your own easily enough. Just obtain a couple yards of
              > upholstery material. Cut a strip six inches wide and six inches longer
              > than the bow. Sew it leaving one end open. Add a closure to that
              > end. Cut a narrower strip and sew it lengthwise to form a carrying strap.

              I have one made from an old pair of jeans. I cut 'em in half right up
              the middle and sewed them waist-to-waist. Y'end up with a couple of
              pockets that might be useful too.

              -- Fritz

              ----------------------------------
              Thinking outside the box - Good
              Pooping outside the box - Bad
            • Nest verch Tangwistel
              Message 6 of 8 , Jul 13, 2005
                As a sewer, I have to say this is a really easy project...so...it would be
                a good candidate for some kind of barter. Find someone who does sew in
                your area and trade something you do. You can probably find someone who is
                willing to help.

                Nest

                --- Kaleyna <kaleyna@...> wrote:

                > I don't sew.
                >
                > Kathy

                > Yahoo! Groups Links

                http://mail.yahoo.com
              • effexb
                Message 7 of 8 , Jul 13, 2005
                  Kathy,

                  My wife does make bowsocks for recurve bows. With and without
                  equipment pouch. Let me know what lenght bow we are talking about
                  and I can get you a price.

                  Belgraunde
                  reply to: ef-fex.b@...

                  --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, "Kaleyna" <kaleyna@c...> wrote:
                  > Does onion make, or know someone who makes, affordable bowsocks for
                  > recurves?
                  >

                  > Thanks
                  >

                  > Kathy

                • Kristine Casper
                  Message 8 of 8 , Jul 13, 2005
                    I've made a few of them. They are not hard and take less than an hour. If
                    you can wait until August, when unpack my sewing machine, I could make one
                    for you. (After I make one for William of Mann, who has been patiently
                    waiting a long while.)

                    Laebeth

                    --- Kaleyna <kaleyna@...> wrote:

                    > I don't sew.