Re: [SCA-Archery] SCA archery awards summary`

  • Bruce R. Gordon
    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 12, 2005
      Greetings
      Note that for the Midrealm there is also a group award, given to entities such as Archer's Guilds or other similar associations, for conspicuous service - the Order of the Dragon's Flight. I don't think it's armigerous, but that would be because it isn't for individuals as such. You'd hafta check with a Midrealm Herald to get the details on that.

      Nigel, AG

      > Greetings! I'm Peregrine Fairchylde, the soon-to-be-former deputy earl
      > marshal for target archery and thrown weapons in Meridies, and
      > soon-to-be-the-same-thing for Gleann Abhann.
      >
      > I've been trying to track down something I ran across in the internet
      > awhile back, a table that summarizes archery awards for all the
      > kingdoms, listing them by name and whether they're armigerous. I'm
      > having a devil of a time finding it now that I actually need it. Does
      > that ring a bell with anyone? If someone could direct me to the page,
      > or if they've done this homework already and are willing to share, I'd
      > be much obliged.
      >
      > In service,
      >
      > Peregrine

      > Get Medieval at Mad Macsen's <a href="http://www.medievalmart.com/" target="_blank">http://www.medievalmart.com/</a>

      > Yahoo! Groups Links

      "Do these colors match?"
      "Is this too much jewelry?"
      "Is that my drink?"

    • Ben
      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 12, 2005
        Peregrine,

        While not an officer in Calontir, I can say that the AoA level is
        currently called the Boga Fyrd and the GoA level is called the Boga
        Hyrth. To my limited knowledge, this was changed to make the language
        for both terms consistent for registering, as "zyther" did not share
        the same lingual source as fyrd & hyrth. There may be others that are
        not amigerous, but I do not know them.

        Yours on the line,
        Johannes Strongebowe
        an humble archer of the Shire of Oakheart, in the fair kingdom of
        Calontir

        PS I have found that many of the kingdoms have posted all of their
        awards, including their archery awards on the SCA main site, but
        where, I am not sure. Not much help, I'm sure, but it might be a
        starting place.