Re: [SCA-Archery] SCA archery awards summary`

  • Eric & Mary Ward
    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 12, 2005
      Eadric-
      The Artemisian AoA archery award is now called the Gryphon &
      Pheon, due to changes in the heraldry necessary for the award to pass
      the college of heralds.
      Owen
    • Bruce R. Gordon
      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 12, 2005
        Greetings
        Note that for the Midrealm there is also a group award, given to entities such as Archer's Guilds or other similar associations, for conspicuous service - the Order of the Dragon's Flight. I don't think it's armigerous, but that would be because it isn't for individuals as such. You'd hafta check with a Midrealm Herald to get the details on that.

        Nigel, AG

        > Greetings! I'm Peregrine Fairchylde, the soon-to-be-former deputy earl
        > marshal for target archery and thrown weapons in Meridies, and
        > soon-to-be-the-same-thing for Gleann Abhann.
        >
        > I've been trying to track down something I ran across in the internet
        > awhile back, a table that summarizes archery awards for all the
        > kingdoms, listing them by name and whether they're armigerous. I'm
        > having a devil of a time finding it now that I actually need it. Does
        > that ring a bell with anyone? If someone could direct me to the page,
        > or if they've done this homework already and are willing to share, I'd
        > be much obliged.
        >
        > In service,
        >
        > Peregrine

        > Get Medieval at Mad Macsen's <a href="http://www.medievalmart.com/" target="_blank">http://www.medievalmart.com/</a>

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

        "Do these colors match?"
        "Is this too much jewelry?"
        "Is that my drink?"

      • Ben
        Message 3 of 9 , Jul 12, 2005
          Peregrine,

          While not an officer in Calontir, I can say that the AoA level is
          currently called the Boga Fyrd and the GoA level is called the Boga
          Hyrth. To my limited knowledge, this was changed to make the language
          for both terms consistent for registering, as "zyther" did not share
          the same lingual source as fyrd & hyrth. There may be others that are
          not amigerous, but I do not know them.

          Yours on the line,
          Johannes Strongebowe
          an humble archer of the Shire of Oakheart, in the fair kingdom of
          Calontir

          PS I have found that many of the kingdoms have posted all of their
          awards, including their archery awards on the SCA main site, but
          where, I am not sure. Not much help, I'm sure, but it might be a
          starting place.