Re: [SCA-Archery] SCA archery awards summary`

  • Tim Henry
    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 12, 2005
      The grant level for Aethelmearc is The Scarlet Guard, The White Horn is for
      thrown weapons.

      just my 2cents

      Laochlain

      Timothy A. Henry
      29 Mockingbird Drive
      Indiana PA 15701

      >From: Eadric Anstapa <smills@...>
      >To: SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com
      >Subject: Re: [SCA-Archery] SCA archery awards summary`
      >Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2005 10:58:55 -0500
      >
      >Greetings Peregrine,
      >
      >Maybe it was the page I maintain at
      >http://archery.ansteorra.org/kingdoms.htm I can only claim that it is
      >up-to-date for Ansteorra but updates from other kingdoms are always
      >welcome.
      >
      >Regards,
      >
      >--
      >HL Eadric Anstapa
      >DSEM CA
      >/eadric@.../ <mailto:eadric@...>
      >

      >Peregrine Fairchylde wrote:
      >
      > >Greetings! I'm Peregrine Fairchylde, the soon-to-be-former deputy earl
      > >marshal for target archery and thrown weapons in Meridies, and
      > >soon-to-be-the-same-thing for Gleann Abhann.
      > >
      > >I've been trying to track down something I ran across in the internet
      > >awhile back, a table that summarizes archery awards for all the
      > >kingdoms, listing them by name and whether they're armigerous. I'm
      > >having a devil of a time finding it now that I actually need it. Does
      > >that ring a bell with anyone? If someone could direct me to the page,
      > >or if they've done this homework already and are willing to share, I'd
      > >be much obliged.
      > >
      > >In service,
      > >
      > >Peregrine
      > >

      >// <mailto:eadric@...>

      >Yahoo! Groups Links

    • Tessa the Huntress
      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 12, 2005
        actually, the white horn is for combat archery. scarlet guard is just for
        target archery :)

        Tessa

        Regina

        The grant level for Aethelmearc is The Scarlet Guard, The White Horn is for
        thrown weapons.

        just my 2cents

        Laochlain
      • Eric & Mary Ward
        Message 3 of 9 , Jul 12, 2005
          Eadric-
          The Artemisian AoA archery award is now called the Gryphon &
          Pheon, due to changes in the heraldry necessary for the award to pass
          the college of heralds.
          Owen
        • Bruce R. Gordon
          Message 4 of 9 , Jul 12, 2005
            Greetings
            Note that for the Midrealm there is also a group award, given to entities such as Archer's Guilds or other similar associations, for conspicuous service - the Order of the Dragon's Flight. I don't think it's armigerous, but that would be because it isn't for individuals as such. You'd hafta check with a Midrealm Herald to get the details on that.

            Nigel, AG

            > Greetings! I'm Peregrine Fairchylde, the soon-to-be-former deputy earl
            > marshal for target archery and thrown weapons in Meridies, and
            > soon-to-be-the-same-thing for Gleann Abhann.
            >
            > I've been trying to track down something I ran across in the internet
            > awhile back, a table that summarizes archery awards for all the
            > kingdoms, listing them by name and whether they're armigerous. I'm
            > having a devil of a time finding it now that I actually need it. Does
            > that ring a bell with anyone? If someone could direct me to the page,
            > or if they've done this homework already and are willing to share, I'd
            > be much obliged.
            >
            > In service,
            >
            > Peregrine

            > Get Medieval at Mad Macsen's <a href="http://www.medievalmart.com/" target="_blank">http://www.medievalmart.com/</a>

            > Yahoo! Groups Links

            "Do these colors match?"
            "Is this too much jewelry?"
            "Is that my drink?"

          • Ben
            Message 5 of 9 , Jul 12, 2005
              Peregrine,

              While not an officer in Calontir, I can say that the AoA level is
              currently called the Boga Fyrd and the GoA level is called the Boga
              Hyrth. To my limited knowledge, this was changed to make the language
              for both terms consistent for registering, as "zyther" did not share
              the same lingual source as fyrd & hyrth. There may be others that are
              not amigerous, but I do not know them.

              Yours on the line,
              Johannes Strongebowe
              an humble archer of the Shire of Oakheart, in the fair kingdom of
              Calontir

              PS I have found that many of the kingdoms have posted all of their
              awards, including their archery awards on the SCA main site, but
              where, I am not sure. Not much help, I'm sure, but it might be a
              starting place.