Re: [SCA-Archery] SCA archery awards summary`

  • Siegfried
    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 12, 2005
      Then let me add:

      Atlantia:
      * Switch Yew Bow up to Grant Level
      * Add King's Missiliers to AoA level

      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 12, 2005
        Siegfried wrote:

        >Then let me add:
        >
        >Atlantia:
        >* Switch Yew Bow up to Grant Level
        >* Add King's Missiliers to AoA level

        You got it.

        --
        HL Eadric Anstapa
        DSEM CA

      • Tim Henry
        Message 3 of 9 , Jul 12, 2005
          The grant level for Aethelmearc is The Scarlet Guard, The White Horn is for
          thrown weapons.

          just my 2cents

          Laochlain

          Timothy A. Henry
          29 Mockingbird Drive
          Indiana PA 15701

          >From: Eadric Anstapa <smills@...>
          >To: SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com
          >Subject: Re: [SCA-Archery] SCA archery awards summary`
          >Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2005 10:58:55 -0500
          >
          >Greetings Peregrine,
          >
          >Maybe it was the page I maintain at
          >http://archery.ansteorra.org/kingdoms.htm I can only claim that it is
          >up-to-date for Ansteorra but updates from other kingdoms are always
          >welcome.
          >
          >Regards,
          >
          >--
          >HL Eadric Anstapa
          >DSEM CA
          >/eadric@.../ <mailto:eadric@...>
          >

          >Peregrine Fairchylde wrote:
          >
          > >Greetings! I'm Peregrine Fairchylde, the soon-to-be-former deputy earl
          > >marshal for target archery and thrown weapons in Meridies, and
          > >soon-to-be-the-same-thing for Gleann Abhann.
          > >
          > >I've been trying to track down something I ran across in the internet
          > >awhile back, a table that summarizes archery awards for all the
          > >kingdoms, listing them by name and whether they're armigerous. I'm
          > >having a devil of a time finding it now that I actually need it. Does
          > >that ring a bell with anyone? If someone could direct me to the page,
          > >or if they've done this homework already and are willing to share, I'd
          > >be much obliged.
          > >
          > >In service,
          > >
          > >Peregrine
          > >

          >// <mailto:eadric@...>

          >Yahoo! Groups Links

        • Tessa the Huntress
          Message 4 of 9 , Jul 12, 2005
            actually, the white horn is for combat archery. scarlet guard is just for
            target archery :)

            Tessa

            Regina

            The grant level for Aethelmearc is The Scarlet Guard, The White Horn is for
            thrown weapons.

            just my 2cents

            Laochlain
          • Eric & Mary Ward
            Message 5 of 9 , Jul 12, 2005
              Eadric-
              The Artemisian AoA archery award is now called the Gryphon &
              Pheon, due to changes in the heraldry necessary for the award to pass
              the college of heralds.
              Owen
            • Bruce R. Gordon
              Message 6 of 9 , Jul 12, 2005
                Greetings
                Note that for the Midrealm there is also a group award, given to entities such as Archer's Guilds or other similar associations, for conspicuous service - the Order of the Dragon's Flight. I don't think it's armigerous, but that would be because it isn't for individuals as such. You'd hafta check with a Midrealm Herald to get the details on that.

                Nigel, AG

                > Greetings! I'm Peregrine Fairchylde, the soon-to-be-former deputy earl
                > marshal for target archery and thrown weapons in Meridies, and
                > soon-to-be-the-same-thing for Gleann Abhann.
                >
                > I've been trying to track down something I ran across in the internet
                > awhile back, a table that summarizes archery awards for all the
                > kingdoms, listing them by name and whether they're armigerous. I'm
                > having a devil of a time finding it now that I actually need it. Does
                > that ring a bell with anyone? If someone could direct me to the page,
                > or if they've done this homework already and are willing to share, I'd
                > be much obliged.
                >
                > In service,
                >
                > Peregrine

                > Get Medieval at Mad Macsen's <a href="http://www.medievalmart.com/" target="_blank">http://www.medievalmart.com/</a>

                > Yahoo! Groups Links

                "Do these colors match?"
                "Is this too much jewelry?"
                "Is that my drink?"

              • Ben
                Message 7 of 9 , Jul 12, 2005
                  Peregrine,

                  While not an officer in Calontir, I can say that the AoA level is
                  currently called the Boga Fyrd and the GoA level is called the Boga
                  Hyrth. To my limited knowledge, this was changed to make the language
                  for both terms consistent for registering, as "zyther" did not share
                  the same lingual source as fyrd & hyrth. There may be others that are
                  not amigerous, but I do not know them.

                  Yours on the line,
                  Johannes Strongebowe
                  an humble archer of the Shire of Oakheart, in the fair kingdom of
                  Calontir

                  PS I have found that many of the kingdoms have posted all of their
                  awards, including their archery awards on the SCA main site, but
                  where, I am not sure. Not much help, I'm sure, but it might be a
                  starting place.