SCA archery awards summary`

  • Peregrine Fairchylde
    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 12, 2005
      Greetings! I'm Peregrine Fairchylde, the soon-to-be-former deputy earl
      marshal for target archery and thrown weapons in Meridies, and
      soon-to-be-the-same-thing for Gleann Abhann.

      I've been trying to track down something I ran across in the internet
      awhile back, a table that summarizes archery awards for all the
      kingdoms, listing them by name and whether they're armigerous. I'm
      having a devil of a time finding it now that I actually need it. Does
      that ring a bell with anyone? If someone could direct me to the page,
      or if they've done this homework already and are willing to share, I'd
      be much obliged.

      In service,

      Peregrine
    • Eadric Anstapa
      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 12, 2005
        Greetings Peregrine,

        Maybe it was the page I maintain at
        http://archery.ansteorra.org/kingdoms.htm I can only claim that it is
        up-to-date for Ansteorra but updates from other kingdoms are always welcome.

        Regards,

        --
        HL Eadric Anstapa
        DSEM CA

        Peregrine Fairchylde wrote:

        >Greetings! I'm Peregrine Fairchylde, the soon-to-be-former deputy earl
        >marshal for target archery and thrown weapons in Meridies, and
        >soon-to-be-the-same-thing for Gleann Abhann.
        >
        >I've been trying to track down something I ran across in the internet
        >awhile back, a table that summarizes archery awards for all the
        >kingdoms, listing them by name and whether they're armigerous. I'm
        >having a devil of a time finding it now that I actually need it. Does
        >that ring a bell with anyone? If someone could direct me to the page,
        >or if they've done this homework already and are willing to share, I'd
        >be much obliged.
        >
        >In service,
        >
        >Peregrine

        // <mailto:eadric@...>

      • Siegfried
        Message 3 of 9 , Jul 12, 2005
          Then let me add:

          Atlantia:
          * Switch Yew Bow up to Grant Level
          * Add King's Missiliers to AoA level

          Message 4 of 9 , Jul 12, 2005
            Siegfried wrote:

            >Then let me add:
            >
            >Atlantia:
            >* Switch Yew Bow up to Grant Level
            >* Add King's Missiliers to AoA level

            You got it.

            --
            HL Eadric Anstapa
            DSEM CA

          • Tim Henry
            Message 5 of 9 , Jul 12, 2005
              The grant level for Aethelmearc is The Scarlet Guard, The White Horn is for
              thrown weapons.

              just my 2cents

              Laochlain

              Timothy A. Henry
              29 Mockingbird Drive
              Indiana PA 15701

              >From: Eadric Anstapa <smills@...>
              >To: SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com
              >Subject: Re: [SCA-Archery] SCA archery awards summary`
              >Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2005 10:58:55 -0500
              >
              >Greetings Peregrine,
              >
              >Maybe it was the page I maintain at
              >http://archery.ansteorra.org/kingdoms.htm I can only claim that it is
              >up-to-date for Ansteorra but updates from other kingdoms are always
              >welcome.
              >
              >Regards,
              >
              >--
              >HL Eadric Anstapa
              >DSEM CA
              >/eadric@.../ <mailto:eadric@...>
              >

              >Peregrine Fairchylde wrote:
              >
              > >Greetings! I'm Peregrine Fairchylde, the soon-to-be-former deputy earl
              > >marshal for target archery and thrown weapons in Meridies, and
              > >soon-to-be-the-same-thing for Gleann Abhann.
              > >
              > >I've been trying to track down something I ran across in the internet
              > >awhile back, a table that summarizes archery awards for all the
              > >kingdoms, listing them by name and whether they're armigerous. I'm
              > >having a devil of a time finding it now that I actually need it. Does
              > >that ring a bell with anyone? If someone could direct me to the page,
              > >or if they've done this homework already and are willing to share, I'd
              > >be much obliged.
              > >
              > >In service,
              > >
              > >Peregrine
              > >

              >// <mailto:eadric@...>

              >Yahoo! Groups Links

            • Tessa the Huntress
              Message 6 of 9 , Jul 12, 2005
                actually, the white horn is for combat archery. scarlet guard is just for
                target archery :)

                Tessa

                Regina

                The grant level for Aethelmearc is The Scarlet Guard, The White Horn is for
                thrown weapons.

                just my 2cents

                Laochlain
              • Eric & Mary Ward
                Message 7 of 9 , Jul 12, 2005
                  Eadric-
                  The Artemisian AoA archery award is now called the Gryphon &
                  Pheon, due to changes in the heraldry necessary for the award to pass
                  the college of heralds.
                  Owen
                • Bruce R. Gordon
                  Message 8 of 9 , Jul 12, 2005
                    Greetings
                    Note that for the Midrealm there is also a group award, given to entities such as Archer's Guilds or other similar associations, for conspicuous service - the Order of the Dragon's Flight. I don't think it's armigerous, but that would be because it isn't for individuals as such. You'd hafta check with a Midrealm Herald to get the details on that.

                    Nigel, AG

                    > Greetings! I'm Peregrine Fairchylde, the soon-to-be-former deputy earl
                    > marshal for target archery and thrown weapons in Meridies, and
                    > soon-to-be-the-same-thing for Gleann Abhann.
                    >
                    > I've been trying to track down something I ran across in the internet
                    > awhile back, a table that summarizes archery awards for all the
                    > kingdoms, listing them by name and whether they're armigerous. I'm
                    > having a devil of a time finding it now that I actually need it. Does
                    > that ring a bell with anyone? If someone could direct me to the page,
                    > or if they've done this homework already and are willing to share, I'd
                    > be much obliged.
                    >
                    > In service,
                    >
                    > Peregrine

                    > Get Medieval at Mad Macsen's <a href="http://www.medievalmart.com/" target="_blank">http://www.medievalmart.com/</a>

                    > Yahoo! Groups Links

                    "Do these colors match?"
                    "Is this too much jewelry?"
                    "Is that my drink?"

                  • Ben
                    Message 9 of 9 , Jul 12, 2005
                      Peregrine,

                      While not an officer in Calontir, I can say that the AoA level is
                      currently called the Boga Fyrd and the GoA level is called the Boga
                      Hyrth. To my limited knowledge, this was changed to make the language
                      for both terms consistent for registering, as "zyther" did not share
                      the same lingual source as fyrd & hyrth. There may be others that are
                      not amigerous, but I do not know them.

                      Yours on the line,
                      Johannes Strongebowe
                      an humble archer of the Shire of Oakheart, in the fair kingdom of
                      Calontir

                      PS I have found that many of the kingdoms have posted all of their
                      awards, including their archery awards on the SCA main site, but
                      where, I am not sure. Not much help, I'm sure, but it might be a
                      starting place.