Re: [SCA-Archery] Digest Number 2003

  • Sharon
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 11 1:56 AM
      The weather was about all we could ask of mid-July, and the event was superb. The archery was kept moving and quite entertaining/often challenging without being discouraging. I hope we can spend more time at this event next year. Congratulations Needwood of Storvick.

      Best wishes,
      Alestra

      SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com wrote:
      There is 1 message in this issue.

      Topics in this digest:

      1. Re: Archery Event; Storvik Novice & Unbelt Tournament
      From: "Cian of Storvik"

      Message: 1
      Date: Thu, 07 Jul 2005 18:52:09 -0000
      From: "Cian of Storvik"
      Subject: Re: Archery Event; Storvik Novice & Unbelt Tournament

      I tend to screw up while giving directions, but you can see them here
      at the bottom of the page:
      http://acorn.atlantia.sca.org/0507/snt.htm
      Keep your fingers crossed that the weather clears up for us.
      -Cian of Storvik

    • Cian of Storvik
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 11 11:52 AM
        Thank you Alestra,
        You and your daughter made some exceptionally fine shots at the
        event which I remember had got kudos from some of the other archers.
        Overall you both did a very competative showing. Even though I
        wasn't competing, I still made the attempt to shoot many of the
        targets and you both would have outscored me.
        The winner and runner up were 1 pt. apart and made some increadible
        shots, including both of them shooting the beaver off of the bear's
        head (you'd have to have been there) which EVERYONE else including
        Timothy of Shaftesbury missed.
        And I am pleased at the turn-out despite the heat. I hope it wasn't
        too laborious, as this was *our* first time running/hosting an
        archery event and the relative small area we had to set-up the range
        of targets, it took a bit longer then we'd expected.
        Thank you so much for participating. Your garb was outstanding and
        the archery field was much more the vision for having such lovely
        competitors.

        *our* = Neewood Forcest Company of Archers
        -Cian of Storvik