Re: [SCA-Archery] Covering holes.

  • William Arwemakere
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 22, 2005
      My understanding is that the "holes" that require covering are the machined openings in modern aluminum-risered recurves (ie: Hoyt, PSE). The small holes for quivers, stabilizers are not really an issue, as they are not typically visible.

      Remember the "10 foot rule"? If you don't notice it from 10 feet away, I'd not worry. If you're close enough to see a #10 screw hole, you would also notice that the bow isn't a reproduction of a period bow.

      Just my opinion, YMMV

      William Arwemakere
      An Tir Kingdom Protector
      Light Champion, Shire of Lionsdale
      Incipient Royal Archer, Principality of Tir Righ
      Apprentice to Maestarinna Sigrid Briansdottir OL
      Arcarius to Master Andras Truemark, OL, OGGS

      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 4, 2005
        If you're going by the 10' rule, then they should just get a wooden
        self-bow. None of these modern take-down recurves are going to look even
        remotely period from 10'. When it comes to archery in the SCA, the 10
        foot rule doesn't even apply.

        Alright... I'll step off my cranky soapbox and go look for some real
        fireworks now. =-)