Re: [SCA-Archery] crossbow servers

  • Susan Kell
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 16, 2000
      Greetings, Duncan -
      Two months, if you're shooting at least weekly, is pretty good!
      As Tamar advised, learn to do the servings yourself; you're going to need
      to know how, and will get plenty of practice.
      As Kaz wrote, wax helps with durability, and Fast Flight is a good
      material to use.
      I would add: Poly Grip is another excellent serving material; two layers
      of serving enables you to quickly pull off the remains of the top layer
      and shoot with just the bottom layer, in a pinch; always carry a spare
      string.
      In service,
      Mistress Ygraine of Kellswood
      East Kingdom Archery Scorekeeper