Re: [SCA-Archery]

  • Bruce R. Gordon
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 10, 2005
      Greetings
      I may not be describing them very well, but then, I'm not sure I wrote that since a lot of this info gets passed along from year to year.
      Take the end of a string and turn it back the way it came, placing it next to itself in the process, thus forming a loop. Now press a band of soft metal around the place where the two lengths of string are in contact - press tightly so a clip is formed.
      You see this sort of "serving" every now and then - on adult bows it's an insta-boing, which is the intent of the rule. I have always allowed it on very light poundage bows used by children, though I reserve the right to wince even then.

      Nigel

      > May I ask a quick question. In the section on strings you forbid the use
      > of the string attachment "loop made of pressed clips". I am not familiar
      > with this item. could you discribe it a bit so I know what it is if I see
      > it?
      >
      > Nest
      >
      > --- "Bruce R. Gordon" <obsidian@...> wrote:
      >
      > > Greetings
      > > I wish to announce that the Pennsic archery rules and the basic
      > > schedule are up on the web at this time - please review them at:

      > > I apologize for the delay, but the ducks I needed to get in a row
      > > turned out to be cats in need of herding (and in fact several are still
      > > missing - the webpage ought to be modified yet again in a day or so to
      > > indicate the need for warranted marshals signup, as one example among a
      > > number).
      > > Nevertheless, the rules are basically as in order, and the schedule
      > > is reliable. Note that setup will begin asap.
      > >
      > > Please don't hesitate to contact me for any additional
      > > clarifications.
      > >
      > > Forester Nigel FitzMaurice, Midrealm AG
      > > --
      > > Three things never heard from the mouth of a Celt:
      > > "Do these colors match?"
      > > "Is this too much jewelry?"
      > > "Is that my drink?"

      > > Get Medieval at Mad Macsen's <a href="http://www.medievalmart.com/" target="_blank">http://www.medievalmart.com/</a>