RE: [SCA-Archery] No-jig flemish string

  • Simon Hondy
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 10, 2005
      Fritz, if the copy is in electronic format I would like a copy, if not, I
      will send a SASE!

      Simon Hondy
      "Cum Omni humilitate
      faciant ipsas artes"
      -St. Benedict

      > >And the jig is unnecessary. It can be done with the bow, an arrow, the
      > >ball of string, a lump of (bees)wax, and a cutting tool. The basic
      > >method is described in one of the Traditional Bowyer's Bibles.
      > >
      > >It's becoming clear it's time I write and illustrate my technique.
      > >And do a demo/class or two at Pensic.
      > >

      > >-- Fritz

    • Carl West
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 10, 2005
        Simon Hondy wrote:

        > Fritz, if the copy is in electronic format I would like a copy, if not, I
        > will send a SASE!

        When I finally get around to it, it will be a page on my website.
        It may be a while yet.
        My jobs are keeping me busy 7 days a week right now.
        The closest I have to a weekend is on Tuesdays until about 6pm.

        -- Fritz

        Carl West
        mailto:carl.west@...
        http://carl.west.home.comcast.net
        Thinking outside the box - Good
        Pooping outside the box - Bad
      • Simon Hondy
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 11, 2005
          Works for me, about the proper timing for when I will be much more ready to
          need and make a string!

          If you had it ready now, it would go on the shelf of things to do and learn!

          Thank you,

          Simon Hondy