Re: Mixing recurve limbs and risers

  • Sue Palsbo
    Message 1 of 1 , May 28, 2005
      Good point. I should also add that it is important to
      measure the poundage at each person's (i.e. father and
      and son's) draw length. When I put the 20# limbs
      (@28# on my son's longer riser) on my shorter riser,
      the actual poundage at my shorter draw length of 26"
      is 21#. If my arms were long enough, it would be 22#
      -- the 2-lb difference you mention.

      Message: 4
      Date: Thu, 26 May 2005 19:37:46 -0700
      From: Carolus von Eulenhorst
      <eulenhorst@...>
      Subject: Re: Re: Subject: recurve vs longbow

      You should have each set of limbs weighed with each
      riser. Changing
      the
      riser length will change the draw weight. With 2"
      variance in the
      riser
      and the different limbs you should get that 2#
      variation in the setups.
      We
      did this with Bear takedowns in college and had nearly
      infinite setups
      available.
      Carolus

      http://mail.yahoo.com