Speed and Distance

  • Kinjal of Moravia
    Message 1 of 1 , May 2, 2005
      An archery club in Poland shoots a variety of speed events at
      different distances. They cite ...

      "follows the rules set down by the Guiness Book of Records i.e.
      that the diameter of the target in inches equals the number of
      complete yards in the shooting distance. The minimum shooting
      distance is 15 metres. The current world record, recorded in the
      Guiness Book of Records, stands at 21 arrows in one minute."

      Apparently hitting the target anywhere counts, as opposed to SCA
      point scoring. They shoot at 30,50,70 and 90 meters. At the
      longest distance the target is about 8 feet across, I recon.

      Anyway, our SCA heros should be able to beat that record.

      kinjal