RE: [SCA-Archery] Greetings and help

  • Samuel "TOSH" McTier
    Message 1 of 11 , May 2 1:05 PM
      I would be interested but live in Ealdomere (Canada). How do you want to
      work this, if you are planning to ship via a courier like ups or something
      could you give them a call and get a updated price to ship to me here in
      Hamilton, Ontario, Canada. Also how would you like to do the payment
      thing...If it is too much bother, I will understand. Several of my archers
      have the same crossbow. An old powermaster and they love it. I love the way
      it functions and performs. What is the prod made of. The ones we have here
      are made of steel, aluminum, and the other is fiberglass (its a
      replacement).

      Lord Samuel Tosh McTier
      Captain of Archery for the Barony of BenDunfirth
      Head of Circulum Amicitarum

      Message 2 of 11 , May 2 1:19 PM
        replied off list.

        Thanks!
      • Siegfried
        Message 3 of 11 , May 2 1:27 PM
          Just a note, that as of last December in Atlantia, powermaster's
          cannot be used to shoot Royal Rounds ...

          Due to their obvious modern rifle-stock appearance.

          Note this is just an Atlantian thing. (Though other Kingdoms may have
          similar rules)

          Siegfried

          On 5/2/05, bryan <boverhultz@...> wrote:
          > Greetings,
          >
          > I have an old powermaster crossbow that I am looking to sell for 50.00 plus
          > shipping (about 10.00). It is has an 80lb draw and other ladies I know can
          > draw it with out any problem. It will work just fine for the open division
          > only. If you are interested you can contact me off list at
          > boverhultz@... or call me at (720) 327-7672
          >
          > In Service to the Dream,
          > Lord Ingvarr Halvarson
          > Canton of Hawks Hollow, Barony of Caerthe, Kingdom of Outlands

        • James W. Pratt, Jr.
          Message 4 of 11 , May 2 7:39 PM
            Look for an Gamo or Wamo with an aluminum prod bow as a starter crossbow.
            If you have someone who can work wood you can make one. You will find that
            most crossbows under 100 lb draw are hard to shoot accurately beyond 20
            yards( the rainbow effect). I will send her some pics privatly.

            James Cunningham

            > Hello, I am Albina Gherardi of the Canton of Crois Brigte in the
            > barony of Sacred Stone, kingdon of Atlantia. I am a fairly new
            > crossbow archer, having used compound and recurve bows for hunting in
            > the past. I am looking for a small pound draw weight crossbow, with
            > out a huge pricetag. I am sure they exist, but I have not been too
            > successfull on the internet. Any help would be appreciated.
            >
            > YIS
            > Lady Albina

            > Yahoo! Groups Links

          • James W. Pratt, Jr.
            Message 5 of 11 , May 2 7:57 PM
              Do not be so shy Siegfried!!

              His site has some nice crossbows to look at and dream about until he gets
              back to making them.
              http://crossbows.biz/ It will give you some idea of the kind of crossbows
              that are out there.

              James Cunningham
              Let it never be said that I did not shove someone into the spot light when
              they needed it.

              - Who gosh dern it needs to get his list of projects