Speed Shoot - (was: Re: [SCA-Archery] Different Shoots)

  • Siegfried
    Message 1 of 2 , May 2, 2005
      > Speed Shoot - A thirty second timed shoot where you are scored on
      > how many arrows you release at a target, with added points for
      > hitting the target.

      That's in interesting twist on the common SCA Speed round. Sorta the
      opposite of the Winter Challenge speed (where you get bonus for
      shooting less).

      So I'd be assuming that this would be the equivilant of having say a
      2' circle, standing at 20 yards, and giving 1 point for each arrow
      shot, and 1 point for each hit. Hrmmmmm I might have to steal that
      idea.

      That could actually be another variation in the 'balancer' shoots for
      speed vs accuracy shooters. I myself, with my crossbow, getting off
      7 shots, could get a max of 13 points. However, someone fast on the
      draw who gets 12 off, can get 12 without hitting anything.. Of
      course, Lochlain Silverwolf would get 24 points ;)

      Hrmmm, interesting.

      Siegfried