Re: [SCA-Archery] Re: New ranking ...............

  • Talmon Parker
    Message 1 of 34 , Apr 28 9:11 AM
      We are talking about one lone archer.. I say let him select the name or
      tag to suit himself, and whether it's period or not is of no concern to any
      that cannot match his skills.He has proved that it can be done so untill
      someone else is able to match or better his feat, they have no room to
      complain. Besides, I'm of the opinion that if it ain't fun why do it?

      Enjoy the praise you have so justly earned.

      Baron Talmon,
      Gatesedge

      DER BARON

      >From: Carolus von Eulenhorst <eulenhorst@...>
      >To: SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com
      >Subject: Re: [SCA-Archery] Re: New ranking ...............
      >Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2005 07:20:59 -0700
      >
      >I'm in on this. This organization was founded as a protest over the
      >conventions of modern life. The moment it stops being fun and turns into
      >another politically correct morass, I'm out. I can deal with the issues of
      >working within the modern world but we don't have to become part of it.
      >Carolus
      >
      >At 08:35 PM 4/27/2005, you wrote:
      >
      > >In a message dated 4/27/2005 11:24:51 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
      > >alchem@... writes:
      > >
      > >I agree 100%. I often hear that "Ludicrous Archer" is un-period & etc.
      >due
      > >to the paisley. Let's pick an excellent name for the new rank, one that
      > >expresses what is involved in achieving it and one that won't attract
      >the
      > >wrath of the authenticity cops.
      > >
      > >I say the devil with the " authenticity cops" I am in it for the fun
      >myself,
      > >let them play their little games.
      > >
      > >Eirikr
      >

      >--

      >Yahoo! Groups Links

    • James W. Pratt, Jr.
      Message 34 of 34 , May 1, 2005
        He has three rounds over 140... his three round average is 142+ He shoots
        with the SCA Archery Marshal Gwilym who knows more than he should about
        shootin' Royal Rounds. I would not bet against Laochlin on any target
        20-30-40 yards Unless Alan of Cearlaverock was his opponent...then I would
        not bet.

        James Cunningham