Re: Distance shooting [was: Re: [SCA-Archery] Re: Ludicrous and beyond]

  • Carolus von Eulenhorst
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 27, 2005
      My point was not that the lucky shot didn't happen but rather that the
      archers of the period did not routinely shoot at, and hit, such fine
      targets. Did they try for it? I'm sure they did. Did they
      hit? Probably. About as often as you hit that golf ball. Should we leave
      the impression that this is an achievement which should be
      expected? No. This is a long term development sport. We don't need to
      give people used to instant gratification any more reasons to quit.

      As an archer, I am behind this completely. As a coach and administrator
      responsible for development of archers and an archery program, I have to
      look at what gets, and keeps, people involved.
      Carolus