RE: [SCA-Archery] Mounted Archery...One Step at a Time

  • Scott Lane
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 5, 2000
      >In mounted combat archery, how do you protect the horse from being hit by
      >arrow aimed at you?

      At least in the middle kingdom there is no mounted combat archery,
      and probably never will be.

      In Service,
      Lord Aodhfin Seibert
    • psobaka@mail.myriad.net
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 5, 2000
        At this time I do not belive there is mounted combat archery, only target.
        Though some of them are using combat equipment bows arrows.

        >In mounted combat archery, how do you protect the horse from being hit by
        >arrow aimed at you?

        Plachoya Sobaka a humble archer in Ravens Fort, Kingdom of Ansteorra
        Southern Reagional Archery Marshal
      • Bob & Nancy Upson
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 7, 2000
          > >In mounted combat archery, how do you protect the horse from being hit by
          > >arrow aimed at you?
          >
          > At least in the middle kingdom there is no mounted combat archery,
          > and probably never will be.

          FWIW, there is no SCA sanctioned mounted combat of any kind.
          (SCA equestrain policies forbid it and SCA insurance doesn't cover
          it.)

          Macsen