Ludricrous and beyond? Awesome, Dude!

  • Jeffrey Webb
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 26 9:27 AM
      Greetings,
      Dwayne Shinook, a Ludicrous Bowman formerly of the East Kingdom, would regularly loose 10 bolts accurately from his crossbow during the timed round (I've seen him do this more than once). Ramos da Vida of the East Kingdom loosed 14 arrows from a recurve during the advancing warrior shoot at Pennsic (all scored).
      Many archers that I know and have shot with can loose 12 arrows from a hand bow and there are some that can loose 14 during a timed round. I once loosed 12 during a timed round from my longbow, but 10 - 11 arrows is more common for me, and recently it's been more like 8 or 9 (I'm getting older!).
      So....with 12 in a timed round, and assuming that all arrows strike gold, then the maximum score would be 150. For those strange supernatural beings that can shoot 14 in a timed end, then the maximum score possible is 160. Anyone claiming to shoot better than that is either lying or really needs to seriously cut back on the coffee!
      I think that an archer that can achieve a RR average of 140 or better should be known as an archer with ADD (Awesomely deified delivery)and should be known simply as: "Awesome Dude" or "Dudess" as the case may be.
      My hat is off to the "Awesome Dude"
      from Aethelmarc!
      -Geoffrei (just a simple low end Grandmaster Bowman that has never shot higher than a 106 on a RR)