Re: [SCA-Archery] horns

  • gary hecathorn
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 2, 2000
      I have heard that the easiest way to remove the inside of a horn is to
      boil it in water. There is a very important step that you must follow in
      doing this. Do the boiling outside, the process does stink.

      Gareth Thorne

      On Sat, 1 Apr 2000 12:04:46 +0200 (WET) =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Ryyn=E4nen_Harri?=
      <haryynan@...> writes:
      >how do you treat 'fresh' cowhorns before
      >starting to use the material? And how do i get the
      >'core' or the inner tissue out of them?
      >
      >Haakon Pikinokka

      >Get a NextCard Visa, in 30 seconds!
      >1. Fill in the brief application
      >2. Receive approval decision within 30 seconds
      >3. Get rates as low as 2.9% Intro or 9.9% Fixed APR
      >Apply NOW!

      Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
      http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.
    • Ryynänen Harri
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 5, 2000
        thanks for the tips,
        specially for awoiding the stink.

        (i was thinking of cooking those horn in my kitchen)

        Haakon
      • Lewis, Jason
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 6, 2000
          My question is where might a person get a fresh cow horn?

          Gwalchmai Saethydd
        • Lewis, Jason
          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 6, 2000
            Greetings
            A slaughterhouse.

            Nigel

            COOL! we have a beef processing plant here :) IBP!

            Gwalchmai
          • Bob & Nancy Upson
            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 7, 2000
              > My question is where might a person get a fresh cow horn?

              I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest from a cow... =)

              Try your local slaughter house.

              Macsen
            • Chris Nogy
              Message 6 of 6 , Apr 7, 2000
                > My question is where might a person get a fresh cow horn?

                Prehaps from a fresh cow?

                (moooo, sailor)

                Kaz