RE: [SCA-Archery] archery netting

  • Jeff Elder
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 5, 2005
      I just ordered 30 feet of netting in 10 foot segments from this company:

      BCY Incorporated
      697 Middle Street, Middletown, CT 06457
      Phone: 860-632-7115 Fax: 860-632-5775
      e-mail: bcyray@...

      Backstop Netting (white)
      Less than 15 Feet (minimum 10 ft.) 19.10/Foot
      15 to 25 Feet 16.25/Foot
      26 to 50 Feet 15.50/Foot
      Over 50 Feet 14.00/Foot
      (add an extra $2.75/ft for Green)
      It is 8 foot 3 inches tall

      I explained what type of shooting we do, and they said to stay away from
      bodkin style points, but they didn't seem to concerned when I asked about
      bows up to and in excess of 45 pounds. That seems to apply more to
      compounds or pretty hot traditional style bows.

      Simon Hondy
      Shire of Baile na Scolairi
      Middle Kingdom

    • Kristine Casper
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 5, 2005
        FS Discount Archery
        (http://www.fsdiscountarchery.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=1382)
        has backstop netting in 10 x 10 sections for $127. We've shot a 60# bow at
        it and the arrows have not penetrated (except when the archer was using
        bodkins).

        Laebeth

        I just ordered 30 feet of netting in 10 foot segments from this company:

        BCY Incorporated
        697 Middle Street, Middletown, CT 06457
        Phone: 860-632-7115 Fax: 860-632-5775
        e-mail: bcyray@...

        Backstop Netting (white)
        Less than 15 Feet (minimum 10 ft.) 19.10/Foot
        15 to 25 Feet 16.25/Foot
        26 to 50 Feet 15.50/Foot
        Over 50 Feet 14.00/Foot
        (add an extra $2.75/ft for Green)
        It is 8 foot 3 inches tall

        I explained what type of shooting we do, and they said to stay away from
        bodkin style points, but they didn't seem to concerned when I asked about
        bows up to and in excess of 45 pounds. That seems to apply more to
        compounds or pretty hot traditional style bows.

        Simon Hondy
        Shire of Baile na Scolairi
        Middle Kingdom

        Yahoo! Groups Links