Re: [SCA-Archery] Thanks to everyone

  • Siegfried
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 2, 2005
      Yeah, it was fun ... thanks for having me ... Most impressive was
      learning so many of the differences in the way thing are done, solely
      because of the difference in costs and availability of various
      materials...

      Siegfried
      -PS, I'll send you guys the couple of pictures I took when I get them online.

      On Apr 2, 2005 5:40 PM, Ragi of House brokenaxe
      <ragiwarmbear@...> wrote:

      > Heya
      >
      > Well I would like to thank and congratulate everyone that came today to the arrow making class
      > today. fun seemed to have been had by all but Mia who shoulda known better. ;)
      >
      > As well we have an unexpected but pleasant surprise as The kingdom marshal of Atlantia was in town
      > for a convention and dropped in to visit and lend a hand. Sigfreid was a great help and I think
      > really added something to the day. I feel so special, it is like having a famous person come to your
      > birthday party. hehehe, thanks man It was a pleasure to meet you.
      >
      > So next saturday will be arrow making class part deux. where we actually try to get the feathers
      > glued down. Soon we will have 7 more people shooting thier own arrows.
      >
      > Ragi

      > Yahoo! Groups Links

    • isabella_ambrogini_poliziana
      Message 2 of 6 , May 11, 2006
        I just wanted to say thanks to EVERYONE who has given me information
        and advice!!! I have learned much and can't wait until I can get
        started. :)

        Thanks again
        Bella
      • Dayrl Merrill
        Message 3 of 6 , May 11, 2006
          Did your arrows arrive?

          At 02:07 PM 5/11/06, you wrote:
          >I just wanted to say thanks to EVERYONE who has given me information
          >and advice!!! I have learned much and can't wait until I can get
          >started. :)
          >
          >Thanks again
          >Bella

          >Yahoo! Groups Links

        • rebeccaatthewell_2000
          Message 4 of 6 , May 11, 2006
            They did and I thought I sent you an email. I apologise if I did
            not. They are beautiful!! I will let you know how they fly if I
            ever get a bow :)

            Thanks
            Isabella

            --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, Dayrl Merrill <dmerrill@...>
            wrote:

            > Did your arrows arrive?
            >
            > At 02:07 PM 5/11/06, you wrote:
            > >I just wanted to say thanks to EVERYONE who has given me
            information
            > >and advice!!! I have learned much and can't wait until I can get
            > >started. :)
            > >
            > >Thanks again
            > >Bella

            list]

            > >Yahoo! Groups Links

          • John Atkins
            Message 5 of 6 , May 11, 2006
              Isabella,
              If you haven't made a purchase yet for a bow here is one worth
              considering. It is a better bow than the $45 all fiberglass bow. I
              have two of these that my wife and I used when we started combat
              archery. For the money they are a great buy. Severl folks in our
              canton have these and like them.
              http://www.3riversarchery.com/Product.asp?c=16&s=95&p=0&i=242X This
              link is from 3Rivers but several other vendors sell them, all about the
              same price.

              Oh, and if your new arrows do not hit the bull's eye every time, it's
              not your fault. It's the fault of the arrow smith.
              Laughing hysterically while into the distance he

              cog