Thanks to everyone

  • Ragi of House brokenaxe
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 2, 2005
      Heya

      Well I would like to thank and congratulate everyone that came today to the arrow making class
      today. fun seemed to have been had by all but Mia who shoulda known better. ;)

      As well we have an unexpected but pleasant surprise as The kingdom marshal of Atlantia was in town
      for a convention and dropped in to visit and lend a hand. Sigfreid was a great help and I think
      really added something to the day. I feel so special, it is like having a famous person come to your
      birthday party. hehehe, thanks man It was a pleasure to meet you.

      So next saturday will be arrow making class part deux. where we actually try to get the feathers
      glued down. Soon we will have 7 more people shooting thier own arrows.

      Ragi
    • Siegfried
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 2, 2005
        Yeah, it was fun ... thanks for having me ... Most impressive was
        learning so many of the differences in the way thing are done, solely
        because of the difference in costs and availability of various
        materials...

        Siegfried
        -PS, I'll send you guys the couple of pictures I took when I get them online.

        On Apr 2, 2005 5:40 PM, Ragi of House brokenaxe
        <ragiwarmbear@...> wrote:

        > Heya
        >
        > Well I would like to thank and congratulate everyone that came today to the arrow making class
        > today. fun seemed to have been had by all but Mia who shoulda known better. ;)
        >
        > As well we have an unexpected but pleasant surprise as The kingdom marshal of Atlantia was in town
        > for a convention and dropped in to visit and lend a hand. Sigfreid was a great help and I think
        > really added something to the day. I feel so special, it is like having a famous person come to your
        > birthday party. hehehe, thanks man It was a pleasure to meet you.
        >
        > So next saturday will be arrow making class part deux. where we actually try to get the feathers
        > glued down. Soon we will have 7 more people shooting thier own arrows.
        >
        > Ragi

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • isabella_ambrogini_poliziana
        Message 3 of 6 , May 11, 2006
          I just wanted to say thanks to EVERYONE who has given me information
          and advice!!! I have learned much and can't wait until I can get
          started. :)

          Thanks again
          Bella
        • Dayrl Merrill
          Message 4 of 6 , May 11, 2006
            Did your arrows arrive?

            At 02:07 PM 5/11/06, you wrote:
            >I just wanted to say thanks to EVERYONE who has given me information
            >and advice!!! I have learned much and can't wait until I can get
            >started. :)
            >
            >Thanks again
            >Bella

            >Yahoo! Groups Links

          • rebeccaatthewell_2000
            Message 5 of 6 , May 11, 2006
              They did and I thought I sent you an email. I apologise if I did
              not. They are beautiful!! I will let you know how they fly if I
              ever get a bow :)

              Thanks
              Isabella

              --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, Dayrl Merrill <dmerrill@...>
              wrote:

              > Did your arrows arrive?
              >
              > At 02:07 PM 5/11/06, you wrote:
              > >I just wanted to say thanks to EVERYONE who has given me
              information
              > >and advice!!! I have learned much and can't wait until I can get
              > >started. :)
              > >
              > >Thanks again
              > >Bella

              list]

              > >Yahoo! Groups Links

            • John Atkins
              Message 6 of 6 , May 11, 2006
                Isabella,
                If you haven't made a purchase yet for a bow here is one worth
                considering. It is a better bow than the $45 all fiberglass bow. I
                have two of these that my wife and I used when we started combat
                archery. For the money they are a great buy. Severl folks in our
                canton have these and like them.
                http://www.3riversarchery.com/Product.asp?c=16&s=95&p=0&i=242X This
                link is from 3Rivers but several other vendors sell them, all about the
                same price.

                Oh, and if your new arrows do not hit the bull's eye every time, it's
                not your fault. It's the fault of the arrow smith.
                Laughing hysterically while into the distance he

                cog