Arrow making workshop in Lyondemere, Caid

  • Jessi
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 1 6:17 PM
      Greetings fellow archers and artisans!

      The Barony of Lyondemere will be hosting an arrow making workshop in nine
      parts beginning this Sunday. We will be making arrows from scratch and
      every participant in the full workshop (it will probably take a few months)
      will walk away with a set of 18 arrows for the extremely low price of $55
      ($60 for 4 fletch). And yes, that is 18 arrows, a dozen and a half. This
      is by far cheaper than the cheapest merchant (that I have seen) for nice
      wood arrows.

      We will be starting at 10am Sunday morning at Rancho Park Archery Range in
      West Los Angeles. The first session will go over all parts of the workshop
      in overview and we will start sorting, dividing, sanding and spinning all of
      our arrows to start making sets.

      From there, we will learn how to best match arrows to your bow, application
      of points, nocks, fletches, bare shaft testing, cresting, dying, finishing,
      repair & maintenance and much much more! This is an extensive class in
      which workshop members will be constructing their own set of arrows under
      close guidance and instruction from THL Robert Lanternsmith, THL Fearghus
      McCullough and Leonidas Tzannavaris.

      If you would like to be a part of this workshop, please send an email to
      arrowworkshop-subscribe@....

      If you are having problems subscribing to the list, please email me
      privately and I will add you.

      Hope to see a lot of Caidan archers there on Sunday! Don't forget to change
      your clocks...we "Spring Ahead" this Sunday morning!

      Lady Christina O'Cleary
      Captain of Archers, Barony of Lyondemere